Another shooting in not so great mills.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That would not be right, they would rather stop me for a tag bulb out.
Lucky you.

The last one that got me stopped me for doing 45mph in a 30mph zone between St. Josephs and the Cemetery at 4am.

He told me they were receiving complaints about people speeding through there and we needed to slow down.

I glanced over at the Cemetery and began to ask who complained, but thought better and just accepted the ticket.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Agree with your point however, the sheriff's office is still part of the blame.

This is another thing. I have heard of these nonsense maintenance tickets being issued all the time however, I have yet to hear of anyone being issued maintenance tickets for tinting, excess wheel base lengths, etc.
Tinting tickets are racist.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

PeoplesElbow

Another thing, I figure most are renters, tell the landlord drug dealers houses get raided and torn up in the raids, we do not compensate the owner for damages, be careful who you rent to.

If you can't keep them in jail make being a criminal here more hassle than it is somewhere else to have them move on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Park a cruiser out front of suspected drug dealers houses. Knock on door, introduce self and say we have heard of increased criminal activity so "we are going to be watching the neighborhood closely, here is my card please call me directly if you see any thing suspicious".

How will that help? Walk me through it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The idea is to make things hard to sell drugs and gang bang.

In my mind the only way to do that is to hit them with a punishment that sends a message and acts as a deterrent. Currently it's just a bunch of empty threats and criminals know that.

PeoplesElbow

In my mind the only way to do that is to hit them with a punishment that sends a message and acts as a deterrent. Currently it's just a bunch of empty threats and criminals know that.
You don't lock your doors to keep out a master thief. It does keep a lot from stealing your crap. The cruiser would scare off at least some of the buyers, hopefully enough to make the dealers go elsewhere.

If I had my way the cops would board up the house with the criminals and burn it down. But if I can't have the dirtbags dead or in jail I am happy with them somewhere else. An all or nothing mentality generally gets you nothing.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The only part of GMR that is actually in Great Mills is the portion down past the charter school near route 5. The bulk of it sits in the park.
Our former office building/shop that is just a bit up the hill from the charter school (next to the little round buildings) was officially in Lexington Park.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I had my way the cops would board up the house with the criminals and burn it down. But if I can't have the dirtbags dead or in jail I am happy with them somewhere else. An all or nothing mentality generally gets you nothing.

I'm having an "I must be an alien being" day where other people make so little sense that I must not be one of them.

You are saying that cops in your world act independently and can make their own protocol/rules. In my alien world, that's not true - the Sheriff can't even do that.

In my alien world we also don't blame the waitress if the food isn't cooked right. We're weirdos here.

PeoplesElbow

I'm having an "I must be an alien being" day where other people make so little sense that I must not be one of them.

You are saying that cops in your world act independently and can make their own protocol/rules. In my alien world, that's not true - the Sheriff can't even do that.

In my alien world we also don't blame the waitress if the food isn't cooked right. We're weirdos here.
So who tells the cops what to do? I also place blame on the BoCC for not demanding the end to this crap.

There is nothing I want them to do outside of the fishing they do along our roads with things like a tag light being out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I also place blame on the BoCC for not demanding the end to this crap.

That's who we blame in my world, or the Mayor/City Council depending on the municipal government structure. Then we go yell at those people until they either give the police leeway, funding, and tools; or we boot them out and get someone who will.

But when all is said and done - after criminals do crimes and cops arrest them - it's up to the DA or SA to charge them, and a judge to give them a punishment. Otherwise it's just an annoying cost of doing business for the person committing the crime - occasionally they have to go to court and waste a day before they can get back to work.

Haven't you seen all those cops and police chiefs on TV seething because their Mayor commanded them to stand down while AntiFa/BLM was destroying their cities? Because they know everyone is going, "Why don't the police arrest those people???" and there's nothing they can do about it.

PeoplesElbow

That's who we blame in my world, or the Mayor/City Council depending on the municipal government structure. Then we go yell at those people until they either give the police leeway, funding, and tools; or we boot them out and get someone who will.

But when all is said and done - after criminals do crimes and cops arrest them - it's up to the DA or SA to charge them, and a judge to give them a punishment. Otherwise it's just an annoying cost of doing business for the person committing the crime - occasionally they have to go to court and waste a day before they can get back to work.

Haven't you seen all those cops and police chiefs on TV seething because their Mayor commanded them to stand down while AntiFa/BLM was destroying their cities? Because they know everyone is going, "Why don't the police arrest those people???" and there's nothing they can do about it.
Those mayor's etc actively stopped the cops from doing their job. Are you saying the BoCC wants all the crime and is stopping the sheriff from doing anything except what it approves of? I was unaware they micromanaged police work like that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Those mayor's etc actively stopped the cops from doing their job. Are you saying the BoCC wants all the crime and is stopping the sheriff from doing anything except what it approves of? I was unaware they micromanaged police work like that.

Again, I don't know how things work on your planet. On my planet the Mayor and Council hold the purse strings and if they don't cough up money for policing, that policing won't get done. Cops here don't like to work for free, even though I understand that on your planet they are expected to and you all gripe when they gas up their cruisers and don't pay for it out of their own pocket.

PeoplesElbow

Again, I don't know how things work on your planet. On my planet the Mayor and Council hold the purse strings and if they don't cough up money for policing, that policing won't get done. Cops here don't like to work for free, even though I understand that on your planet they are expected to and you all gripe when they gas up their cruisers and don't pay for it out of their own pocket.
Are you telling me they work their shifts without getting paid? The cops here were recently given a rather large raise and make the same as cops in PG county.

I see them pull people over on Great Mills Road for speeding while ignoring the prostitutes on the sidewalk.

Keep making excuses for the crime. I see they have an armored vehicle, segways and mountain bikes, maybe they could ride their bikes and segways around neighborhoods or drive their armored car around.

Last edited: