Another Wedding Music Tread

Cowgirl

I'd love some ideas on wedding music. Not so much the first dance song or the father/daughter song, but more like the prelude/processional/recessional. I'm looking for some non-traditional songs. I'm not really interested in classical music, because the wedding won't be formal. Instrumental songs are great. I'm looking for a really great song to walk back down the aisle to. :smile: If you could tell me what category your song fits into, that'd be great too. :kiss:

K

kris31280

I'd love some ideas on wedding music. Not so much the first dance song or the father/daughter song, but more like the prelude/processional/recessional. I'm looking for some non-traditional songs. I'm not really interested in classical music, because the wedding won't be formal. Instrumental songs are great. I'm looking for a really great song to walk back down the aisle to. :smile: If you could tell me what category your song fits into, that'd be great too. :kiss:
The song I lent my sister in law and the song that, if ever I get married, I'll walk down the aisle to is "Forever Love" by Gary Barlow. It's a beautiful piano based piece.

Last edited by a moderator:

dustin

UAIOE
:lol: Here I am sitting here trying to think of trance/progressive/dance songs that would fit for a "wedding aisle walking" song...

Hey, some of those can be "instrumental"...
:lmao:

Angel

~*~*~
My High School English Teacher and His Wife walked back up the aisle to "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen. :lmao: If the hubby and I had a traditional marriage we would have had the same song played. Why not have some humor on such a sentimental and serious day? :lmao:

Cowgirl

My High School English Teacher and His Wife walked back up the aisle to "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen. :lmao: If the hubby and I had a traditional marriage we would have had the same song played. Why not have some humor on such a sentimental and serious day? :lmao:

I suggested we play "Hallelujah!" when we walk back down the aisle. :lol:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

Is it for your wedding?

K

kris31280

I listened to part of it last night. My internet is slow so I get impatient waiting for the song to load. :ohwell: The piano is pretty. My BIL is going to play piano for us.
I like it because the piano is beautiful, the vocals are amazing, and I like the implication of the song... how he thought he didn't need anyone and along came this person that made him believe in forever and now he can't imagine his life without her.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If I EVER get married again I'm walking down the aisle to this. :yay:

:yeahthat: And that's a mighty big EVER but I absolutely LOVE this song. :smile:

Other "non-traditional" songs:

Natalie Cole - When I Fall In Love
Angel or Better Together - Jack Johnson
Just The Way You Are - Diana Krall
Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You - Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack
You Are The Love Of My Life - George Benson & Roberta Flack
It Had To Be You - Harry Connick Jr
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Here and Now - Luther Vandross
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
I Swear - John Michael Montgomery
Will You Marry Me? - Vonda Shepard
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
Search Is Over - Survivor

I'm sure whatever you pick will be perfect. :yay:

Cowgirl

:yeahthat: And that's a mighty big EVER but I absolutely LOVE this song. :smile:

Other "non-traditional" songs:

Natalie Cole - When I Fall In Love
Angel or Better Together - Jack Johnson
Just The Way You Are - Diana Krall
Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You - Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack
You Are The Love Of My Life - George Benson & Roberta Flack
It Had To Be You - Harry Connick Jr
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Here and Now - Luther Vandross
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
I Swear - John Michael Montgomery
Will You Marry Me? - Vonda Shepard
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
Search Is Over - Survivor

I'm sure whatever you pick will be perfect. :yay:

:love:

I LOVE Norah! That's a great list! I've got somewhere over the rainbow, but I love Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of it. Have you heard it? His voice is awesome.