Any DIY Computer Builders Out There?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm not looking to upgrade until the holidays so there are a couple of months for this to get sorted out

awpitt

Main Streeter
Well, after many months, I finally completed my new computer build. I would’ve had this done last October but I decided to wait for the new AMD 5000 series CPUs and the new Nvidia RTX3000 series GPUs to be released. They were released and it became impossible to get my hands on any of them until a couple of weeks ago.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X
Motherboard: Gigibyte Aorus Pro AC B550
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R 59 CFM 120 mm Fan X3
Monitor: Gigabyte G27QC 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor

Natron0915

Well, after many months, I finally completed my new computer build. I would’ve had this done last October but I decided to wait for the new AMD 5000 series CPUs and the new Nvidia RTX3000 series GPUs to be released. They were released and it became impossible to get my hands on any of them until a couple of weeks ago.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X
Motherboard: Gigibyte Aorus Pro AC B550
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R 59 CFM 120 mm Fan X3
Monitor: Gigabyte G27QC 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor

View attachment 155365

View attachment 155366
That looks really good! My middle school son has been on me to build a desktop for gaming. Would you say this qualifies? Would you mind sharing a (rough) cost to buy the components and what was the level of difficulty assembling and prepping for use?

awpitt

Main Streeter
That looks really good! My middle school son has been on me to build a desktop for gaming. Would you say this qualifies? Would you mind sharing a (rough) cost to buy the components and what was the level of difficulty assembling and prepping for use?

I spec’d and built this system with gaming in mind so, yes, it qualifies. It’s hard to give an exact figure on cost because I started buying the parts back in September. Plus my sons bought some of the parts for my birthday back in August. But as an estimate, what I have listed here is probably around the $2,000 range. You should check out PC Part Picker They have ready made build guides with suggested parts lists for different budget levels and intended uses. Also, search on YouTube for DIY computer builds. There is a whole bunch of build tutorials that show how to build a computer from start to finish.

Natron0915

I spec’d and built this system with gaming in mind so, yes, it qualifies. It’s hard to give an exact figure on cost because I started buying the parts back in September. Plus my sons bought some of the parts for my birthday back in August. But as an estimate, what I have listed here is probably around the $2,000 range. You should check out PC Part Picker They have ready made build guides with suggested parts lists for different budget levels and intended uses. Also, search on YouTube for DIY computer builds. There is a whole bunch of build tutorials that show how to build a computer from start to finish.
Thank you so much for your response. I'll continue to do my research with your recommendations.