Any local Pick your own Peach Orchards around?

KingFish

Nothing to see here
My daughter expressed that she would like to go someplace where you can pick your own peaches. There are several in western Maryland and Virginia. I just do not feel like driving that distance just to pick peaches. I did not see anything show up in southern Maryland and thought I would ask this forum. Last time I picked peaches was about 30 years ago and I am sure that place was sold to a developer.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My daughter expressed that she would like to go someplace where you can pick your own peaches. There are several in western Maryland and Virginia. I just do not feel like driving that distance just to pick peaches. I did not see anything show up in southern Maryland and thought I would ask this forum. Last time I picked peaches was about 30 years ago and I am sure that place was sold to a developer.
Woodbine MD off of 70.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Trossbach's have the best locally, but I'm not sure they do a pick your own. Couldn't hurt to call and inquire. Their farm stand is in Scotland and you can find them at BAE on Saturday's.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Couldn't hurt to call and inquire. Their farm stand is in Scotland and you can find them at BAE on Saturday's.
Will give them a call. Might make my daughter call since she is the one wanting to do it. lol. Her big complaint is the ones in the grocery stores are all stiff and not soft. Might see if she wants to check out Trossbach's stand first.

TPD

the poor dad
Will give them a call. Might make my daughter call since she is the one wanting to do it. lol. Her big complaint is the ones in the grocery stores are all stiff and not soft. Might see if she wants to check out Trossbach's stand first.
I’m almost 100% certain Trossbachs will not let you pick your own, but if you go down to the stand to buy some, you have to ask for the overripe peaches - they usually keep those under the counter or in the walk-in.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I refuse to buy store bought peaches. I wait until they are back at that farmer's market and stock up. To eat and freeze.

NOTSMC

Yeah they are BUT a day or so in a paper bag and they're perfect. The peaches I picked up at Giant were some of the best peaches I've had in years after they sat in that bag.