Any local turkey producers?

TWLs wife

Re: Re: Local turkeys

Originally posted by joedancer
Thanks! This sounds great! I have never had a fresh turkey, with all of the talk awhile back about large turkey producers, I wanted to try one from a small, local person. I appreciate your help!
Joe:clap:

I'm glad, I could help. Have a good Thanksgiving.:biggrin:

joedancer

bookman
Re: Local turkeys

Originally posted by panda4251
There is a Mennonite farm on Rt. 247 in Loveville, about 15 miles north of Leonardtown, that sells fresh turkeys. From Rt. 5, it is about a mile in and on the left-hand side, just past the intersection of Busy Corner Road and Jones Road. From Rt. 235, it is probably close to three miles in and on your right. If you get to Busy Corner Road (on the right), you've gone too far. You need to order ahead of time, but there are probably still some available, since he sells them for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. The farmer prepares the turkey so that it looks just like the ones you purchase at the grocery store. They are wonderfully fresh, moist and juicy AND the best advantage of them all - they take less time to cook.

Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks! This sounds great! I have never had a fresh turkey, with all of the talk awhile back about large turkey producers, I wanted to try one from a small, local person. I appreciate your help!
Joe:clap: