Any meet & greets since Vrai & Monello ran off together?

frequentflier

happy to be living
It would be fun to have an open to forumites meet and greet! There are still so many of you I would like to meet and or see again.

And then there are a few that I wouldn't.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I hear the next big M&G is planned for 2/30/17 but so far the location hasn't been determined.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I remember before love ruined everything that there used to be meet & greets. Do these still happen or are they like Illuminati meetings now?

Bann was always the organizer of those things, not me. :shrug:

This particular ("meet & greet") version of the forum get togethers started back in Dec. 2011 and the very first one was organized by GURPS and a couple of others (not me).

It was originally "labeled" or whatever you want to call it (by GURPS) - as a getting together of "conservatives" of the SOMD.com forum to discuss the political goings-on at the time. He invited people and those people invited people. It was well-attended and many of the forumites who went to the first one decided to meet the next week, and then the next week, etc. etc. Of course, you can find many of these treads in the Meet & Greet Forum, as we often talked about the get togethers there. It was a weekly get together, with some of the participants changing week-to-week depending on things going on in everyone's lives. They were always intended as "Happy Hour" gatherings in the 4pm-7-ish or 8pm timeframe. All along, we (the main core group) liked the idea of patronizing locally owned, small business establishments. The spring & summers in SOMD are perfect for meeting at places on the water, and many of our get togethers were planned at local restuarants when the weather was nice.

NONE of us were actually coupled at that point, so it was definitely not a "date night" thing - it was a get together of forumites who knew each other and for any forumites who wanted to get to know more forumites. It was always just a "Happy Hour" type of deal. Personally, in the beginning, I had a mother (very seriously ill) who lived with me, along with 2 sons still in HS and I couldn't hang out all night long, so it was nice to just go out for a couple of hours and then get home. Not everyone could make it every week, nor did the timeframe always fit with everyone's particular schedule, but it worked for the majority.

Out of the "core" group of original participants still around today who continue to meet nearly every week are myself, Vrai, Frequentflier, Vince & Foxhound. Foxhound and I went on to become a couple and Vrai did meet Monello, so of course, we would have "other stuff" that would take us in different directions. Because we're friends, we all still get together at least once a month in the winter months, more often in the summer months.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Meet and greets went father back than 2011. There was a group of us that also got together on a regular basis, as Bann explained, when schedules allowed. It consisted of Catt & Otter, 2A & Sharon, Pete, Vince, Jazz, myself, Airgasm, BK, Kwillia, Christy, Ponytail, Sierra, Migtig, JetMonkey, Frank, SxyPrincess, Pixie, Crabcake & Tater, JabbaJawz (PFGal), KJo, Mrs. Jones, Jameo, Hollowsoul, DyeTied, Watercolor & husband (can't remember his moniker) and a few others that showed up on occasion. I know I am missing more...

A lot of this group was before Vrai moved back down to SoMD. After her move down, she joined us, as well. Some M&G's were pretty epic, as in the infamous Rondevous and Town Creek Marina or the house parties...

Long live the Hens and the Tards! :roflmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Meet and greets went father back than 2011. There was a group of us that also got together on a regular basis, as Bann explained, when schedules allowed. It consisted of Catt & Otter, 2A & Sharon, Pete, Vince, Jazz, myself, Airgasm, BK, Kwillia, Christy, Ponytail, Sierra, Migtig, JetMonkey, Frank, SxyPrincess, Pixie, Crabcake & Tater, JabbaJawz (PFGal), KJo, Mrs. Jones, Jameo, Hollowsoul, DyeTied, Watercolor & husband (can't remember his moniker) and a few others that showed up on occasion. I know I am missing more...

A lot of this group was before Vrai moved back down to SoMD. After her move down, she joined us, as well. Some M&G's were pretty epic, as in the infamous Rondevous and Town Creek Marina or the house parties...

Long live the Hens and the Tards! :roflmao:

:yay: No, we weren't the first, that's what I meant when I said "This particular ("meet & greet") version of the forum get togethers".

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Then there was the beach party, which I didn't attend. Watch out for the fire pit and fireworks! INCOMING!!! :lmao:

First party I attended was at Casa Christy's. A lot of us met there. Can't forget CariBlue & Speedo...

Then the party at BadGirl and ItsBob's house and the great debate about the jello shots being left in reach of the children...

I also had one about 9 years ago. Mentos & coke fizzies. FT throwing the lighters in the fire on my back deck. Toilet cleaner & aluminum foil bombs. Skinny dipping...

Parties at Jazz's house and DoWhat doing his Neil Diamond impersonations...

Oh dear, I could go on... Good times! :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Also, the super secret lunches...

SoftBallKid, Kom, Yxotle (sp?), DesterRat, BSGal & ThatKidIsTight, Wenchy...

Finding out where JetMonkey lived and "Clucked" his yard... :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Then there were the weirdos and funnies...

Penn and his nightly binocular and dinner reviews, and getting people fired from their job...

ItalianScallion and his Bible thumping and hypocritical sex perversion...

Can't remember the name, but the guy with the cancer stricken wife looking for some booty on the side...

The guy that faked his own death and posted his own obituary...

The Kain and Biscuit Drunken Power Hour...

Dems and her SuperBowel and boiled steak treads! :lmao:

Camily and her Freebies...

Azzy. 'nuff said...

Whatshername and her sex treads...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Foxhound and I went on to become a couple and Vrai did meet Monello, so of course, we would have "other stuff" that would take us in different directions. Because we're friends, we all still get together at least once a month in the winter months, more often in the summer months.

:cheers:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Most of the good stuff happened before I got here.... always a day late and a dollar short.

Me too. First one I attended I was looking for the bowl to throw my car keys in and....nowhere to be found. :shrug:

SamSpade

First party I attended was at Casa Christy's. A lot of us met there. Can't forget CariBlue & Speedo...

That was the first really big one I remember. Prior to that, I think we had a cook out at StillCrazee's. And of course, prior to that, I had my own small group of people who went to the movies together, back when the forum was a web bulletin board service.

Last big one - well - something happened that they STILL TALK ABOUT. Not gonna say.

I only ever go to any if they are very close by, because I'm married and have kids now.