Any quick and easy but good crock pot recipes?

JTross

JTross
aosmiles said:
Go to allrecipes.com for crock pot recipes. You can get recipes based on what you have in your cabinet. Here is a recipe we like a lot. Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
Submitted by: Zanne Peters
"A quick-prep chicken breast recipe that gives a twist to basic barbecue chicken. I throw the chicken breasts in frozen, and serve this with baked potatoes. The sauce makes a great topping for the potatoes. To vary the flavor, try different types of barbecue sauce."
Original recipe yield: 6 servings.
Prep Time:10 MinutesCook Time:4 Hours Ready In:4 Hours 10 MinutesServings:6 (change)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

My husband will take a butcher knife and cut the chicken up into shreds and serve it on buns. Add more BBQ sauce if you like.

we are definitely going to have to dry this one it sounds GREAT!! Does the chicken cook throughout if its still frozen though?

camily

Peace
JTross said:
Well I'm only 19 and just moved out about a month or so ago, so yes using them myself is all new :) My co-workers got me one for a housewarming gift!
Ah, I see. Good luck! :howdy:

camily

Peace
JTross said:
we are definitely going to have to dry this one it sounds GREAT!! Does the chicken cook throughout if its still frozen though?
I put frozen food in mine all the time. You just have to cook it a little longer.

JTross

JTross
camily said:
Ah, I see. Good luck! :howdy:

Thanks, I appreciate it! So far so good, I'm slowly learning why my mom bought home dinner alot now and didn't make her great dinners often! After coming home from a full time job, traveling, and going to college part time, when I get home, LOL cooking is the last thing I want to do. So thats when the office ladies introduced the crock pot to me, and its wonderful!

:razz:

JTross

JTross
RoseRed said:
Beef roast, potatoes, carrots, Lipton onion soup, and some red wine. :yay:

My mom gave me a recipe very similar to that but I haven't gotten around to making that one yet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
JTross said:
Hmm, I will have to look into that. I made something I don't remember what it was the other day with boneless chicken breast, rice, chicken broth, and cream of chicken and it was soooo good!

Add some sherry to the mix. :yay:

Pete

Repete
Kittens and frogs

1 - medium sized kitten, 6 months or less
6 - medium size frogs
2 tbsp butter
2 - medium size onions
1/2 teaspoon of marjoram
3 - carrots sliced
1 can of tomato soup
3 cups of Kitten stock
Salt and pepper

Saute carrots, onion in butter transfer to crock pot. Add all other ingredients and set crock pot on high for 4 hours, lower to low for 1 hour and serve with Puppy bread.

Last edited:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
JTross said:
Thanks, I appreciate it! So far so good, I'm slowly learning why my mom bought home dinner alot now and didn't make her great dinners often! After coming home from a full time job, traveling, and going to college part time, when I get home, LOL cooking is the last thing I want to do. So thats when the office ladies introduced the crock pot to me, and its wonderful!

:razz:

The crock pot is a great invention! I have this book (don't remember the name) of crock pot recipes, there's a ton in there. I'll have to look tonight.

JTross

JTross
GeezLouise said:
The crock pot is a great invention! I have this book (don't remember the name) of crock pot recipes, there's a ton in there. I'll have to look tonight.

Oh thanks I appreciate it!

I've gotten some pretty good ones throughout this forum, can't wait to try them all out!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
JTross said:
Yeah, I remember when we were younger my mom would take that liquid potpori (spelling ???) especially around christmas time and turn it on in the crock pot and it smelled sooo great!

No.. not poppourri. She makes apple pie that you can eat in the crock pot. :huggy:

Lavendar

Heres a receipe:

4 slices of raw bacon put on the bottom of the pot then cover with potatoes and carrots and onions,enough to fit a pot roast,put pot roast on top of veggies ,then add more raw bacon on top. Add Mccormicks Slowcook Savory pot roast mix, with a little bit of garlic salt over the veggies,marinate overnight in the crock pot and then put on for about 6hrs.

It comes out really juicy.

Last edited:

JTross

JTross
Dupontster said:
This is just for chicken but it'll keep ya busy for a while...

Wow, lol, quite a few options out there for chicken! Thanks for the link, there are some really great recipes on there!

JTross

JTross
:howdy:
Lavendar said:
Heres a receipe:

4 slices of raw bacon put on the bottom of the pot then cover with potatoes and carrots and onions,enough to fit a pot roast,put pot roast on top of veggies ,then add more raw bacon on top. Add Mccormicks pot roast mix ,marinate overnight in the crock pot and then put on for about 6hrs.

It comes out really juicy.

That sounds sooooo yummy!!!! There are such good recipes for the crock pot! This is definitely one I'm going to try! Thanks!