Any Rome fans?

Pete

Repete
LPGM2003 said:
I know, they cancel Deadwood, the Sopranos, and now Rome. HBO isn't even worth keeping. Entourage and The Wire are good, but not worth the subscription price every month.
What happened to the polygamist show?

Pandora

LPGM2003 said:
Yeah. :bawl:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-romeendingafterseason2,0,5831913.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

"HBO announced Wednesday that the second season of its epic series set in the time of Caesar will debut Jan. 7. At the same time, the network says next season will be the last for the show."

Guess it was too expensive to make.

:ohwell: But there isn't much history left after Rome burns and doesn't ... Nero (if remember right) play fiddle while Rome burns and that would be coming up once they fight with the Egyptians? Wouldn't the story line end mainly because the history isn't all that ummm entertaining after that.

LPGM2003

Pandora said:
:ohwell: But there isn't much history left after Rome burns and doesn't ... Nero (if remember right) play fiddle while Rome burns and that would be coming up once they fight with the Egyptians? Wouldn't the story line end mainly because the history isn't all that ummm entertaining after that.

The show is roughly around now 36-31 BC

The Roman Empire really dies at 493 AD

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/romans.html

Plenty of things left.

The show really isn't accurate on the history though. An example would be Brutus after he is defeated. He doesn't go charging on the enemy in history, he commits suicide by falling on his sword.

Last edited:

Pandora

LPGM,

Oh no doubt it is hyped for drama but yeah, I guess they could just fast forward to the rebuilding and pick up there.

I'm surprised they'd do this, and disappointed because it is the only show my husband and I watch together. Now, we will just have to find something else. :drama:

LPGM2003

Pandora said:
LPGM,

Oh no doubt it is hyped for drama but yeah, I guess they could just fast forward to the rebuilding and pick up there.

I'm surprised they'd do this, and disappointed because it is the only show my husband and I watch together. Now, we will just have to find something else. :drama:

I know, it sucks that they are pulling this. One of the few shows that I actually made time to watch.

Pete

Repete
Well it is over and the ending it kinda sucked. Anyone else think it odd we did not actually see Lucius die?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Pete said:
Well it is over and the ending it kinda sucked. Anyone else think it odd we did not actually see Lucius die?

Yes, I was guessing Lucius is still alive. I did like that Atia seems to becoming her callous b**** of a self again. Since we are now at where Octavian has become Augustus Ceasar, I am wondering where they are going to take this. For one, Ceasarion was killed shortly after his mother and Antony committed suicide on Octavians orders. Its not like they have been that historically accurate to everything that happened, so far, and it is just an HBO series, but it hints at them having Ceasarion grow to challenge Augustus. That definitely never happened. It would make for some good tv though. :lol:

Pete

Repete
FromTexas said:
Yes, I was guessing Lucius is still alive. I did like that Atia seems to becoming her callous b**** of a self again. Since we are now at where Octavian has become Augustus Ceasar, I am wondering where they are going to take this. For one, Ceasarion was killed shortly after his mother and Antony committed suicide on Octavians orders. Its not like they have been that historically accurate to everything that happened, so far, and it is just an HBO series, but it hints at them having Ceasarion grow to challenge Augustus. That definitely never happened. It would make for some good tv though. :lol:
All true except the series is over. No more shows. :shrug:

Last edited:
B

Bronwyn

Don't have HBO. I only get to watch it when I'm going on Business trip and stay in hotels with it. :lmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
B U M P

Last week or so, I had the luck of stumbiling across some middle episodes in the series, Rome. I searched On Demand, where they offer stretches of other HBO series, free to subscribers, like OZ and old Sopranos, but alas, no Rome. I also searched the digital database and found zero.

So, as I unwillingly stroll into BJ's for a few dinner/grocery items, what do I see?

THE FIRST AND SECOND BOXED SERIES - COMPLETING THE ENTIRE RUN!

Yeah Baby! :banana: After laboring on Labor Day, we watched the first three episodes...

And Pullo kicks ASS - plate in his head and all!

And I have to say Marc Antony - James Purefoy (very :hot: in Vanity Fair) is a definitely a noble brute in the beginning .... :drool: