Anybody watching the news right now?

G

Gemmi

OMG..My husband said he walked all through that building yesterday.Hope that everything ends up OK!

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Gemmi said:
OMG..My husband said he walked all through that building yesterday.Hope that everything ends up OK!

If you're talking about Skyline, the risk areas were 8th floor (TMA suite 812, I think) and suite 601 all in Skyline 5. Risk time was between noon and 2 PM. Othewise they're putting anyone in the building at low risk of contamination.

Today they called us in and did nasal swabs and put us on antibiotics for at least the next three days. If the cultures and environmental cultures come in negative over next two days, we'll go off the antibiotics and back to work.

Crabby Old Lady

Knit picking
Lenny said:
If you're talking about Skyline, the risk areas were 8th floor (TMA suite 812, I think) and suite 601 all in Skyline 5. Risk time was between noon and 2 PM. Othewise they're putting anyone in the building at low risk of contamination.

Today they called us in and did nasal swabs and put us on antibiotics for at least the next three days. If the cultures and environmental cultures come in negative over next two days, we'll go off the antibiotics and back to work.
Sorry you had to go through all that crap! :huggy:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Crabby Old Lady said:
Sorry you had to go through all that crap! :huggy:

Plus about 44 other folks. What's really "funny" is that yesterday was the first day on the job for a new speech writer. She's so new in town, her only telephone is the cell phone they confiscated and quarantined. And we're using the phones to contact everyone to let them know about meetings such as today.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Heard this morning that swabs tested negative for Anthrax and apparently, some 800 plus people were put on antibiotics. :shocking:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Chasey_Lane said:
Heard this morning that swabs tested negative for Anthrax and apparently, some 800 plus people were put on antibiotics. :shocking:

The news has been batting about .250 on this case. However, we did start antibiotics yesterday with a three-day starter pack. If any of our personal nasal swabs come back positive for anthrax, we've bought a 90 day course.

The news reported negative environmental cultures at the Pentagon and at Bailey's. But we heard only that one of three at the Pentagon was negative (other two were pending) and that the cultures at Bailey's wouldn't be ready to read until today.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Off to work today. They are opening up the Skyline 4-5-6 buildings except for the mailroom (hmmmm, if everything's OK to go back to work you'd think the mailroom would be cleared too). Still on antibiotics but I think we'll be told we can stop them today.