Anyone allow camping on their property?

JoshN

I am not a fan of public campgrounds. They are either set up for the RV crowd or crammed in someplace I would rather not be and filled with rude, loud, and obnoxious folks. I am looking to find someplace I can drive my truck out into the woods, find a nice clearing and camp quietly for a weekend with my wife and son. We don't drink, aren't loud, & don't act crazy when camping. We just like going out and sleeping in the woods on occasion and building a campfire. What makes me want to go even more now is that I just finished building my offroad teardrop-ish camper trailer (something I dreamed of building my entire Marine Corps career) and want to get her out someplace. Does anyone know someplace like that or allow camping on their property on occasion?

10869364_10203288712113844_254898930365809787_o.jpg

Midnightrider

I am not a fan of public campgrounds. They are either set up for the RV crowd or crammed in someplace I would rather not be and filled with rude, loud, and obnoxious folks. I am looking to find someplace I can drive my truck out into the woods, find a nice clearing and camp quietly for a weekend with my wife and son. We don't drink, aren't loud, & don't act crazy when camping. We just like going out and sleeping in the woods on occasion and building a campfire. What makes me want to go even more now is that I just finished building my offroad teardrop-ish camper trailer (something I dreamed of building my entire Marine Corps career) and want to get her out someplace. Does anyone know someplace like that or allow camping on their property on occasion?

View attachment 106031
Out in western MD there are a few places. Both around deep creek lake and green ridge state park you can find primitive campsites that are relatively solitary

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We regularly camp and off road (trucks and ATVs) at a 3500 acre place in NW Virginia called Cove Campground. They cater almost exclusively to folks like you and only have a very limited number of RV spots with hookups. Some of their camp sites are not only beautiful...but are pretty "remote" too.

And they have a shooting range.

http://www.covecampground.com/

Last edited:

pgchustla

Nice Rig. I was going to recommend Green Ridge too. Very dispersed sites that require a little bit of dirt driving.

Assateague is great in the winter.

Otherwise, you need to get out to George Washington NF for wheelin and dispersed sites. Off of 33 heading out of Harrisonburg, VA, specifically.