anyone goto the hay auction???

Sparks

Busterduck,

Do they normally have the small round bales at the auction? Without alfalfa.

I don't have enough horses to finish off the larger round bales.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Busterduck,

Do they normally have the small round bales at the auction? Without alfalfa.

I don't have enough horses to finish off the larger round bales.

Sparks,

I'm not sure what we will get in. Haven't had any luck so far with finding sellers with rounds. I bought some of the large square bales and broke the strings and then ratchet strapped each side. It worked for me. I now use one large square like two round bales. I guess you could do the same or hopefully we'll get in some round bales. I'll try to let you all know if we get any in before the next auction.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Sparks,

I'm not sure what we will get in. Haven't had any luck so far with finding sellers with rounds. I bought some of the large square bales and broke the strings and then ratchet strapped each side. It worked for me. I now use one large square like two round bales. I guess you could do the same or hopefully we'll get in some round bales. I'll try to let you all know if we get any in before the next auction.

Hey BD, did you get my email?:howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
What is your problem?

Anyone interested in buying some large squares can either wait until the next auction or pm me.

Happy, if you TRULY want to know the inner workings of the auction then just give me a call; you have my number.

Thanks
I'm very sorry for the public whipping incident today. :blushing:

ElliesMom

Just saw for myself one of the HUGE 'bales' of hat. Lovely!!! May be in the market after I talk to hubby.

Straw ======= saw a sign for straw today on 6 on the La PLata side.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Just saw for myself one of the HUGE 'bales' of hat. Lovely!!! May be in the market after I talk to hubby.

Straw ======= saw a sign for straw today on 6 on the La PLata side.
That's Pete Webber's straw i think. He lives right behind that sign.

natbugs

when is the next one??The sat after thanksgiving? and is it in Cheltingham(SP??) or Loveville?Thanks for the info , I hve a gal looking for some square bales

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We're cool. Nice seeing you today. I am going to see if I can make it tomorrow. Hubby said he would watch the baby.
:faint: WOW! You go girl! i used to tell RC if they cried...remember to feed 'em and they'll be fine. :lol:
should be a beaituful ride. MGH and crew marked it friday, and loved it. they added in a section they left out last year. i'm wearing long johns though :lol:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
All types of hay from alfalfa, orchard, timothy, lespedeza. NOTHING under six dollars a bale. I got some really nice bales at $6. Big and heavy; I only took forty of the lot but am kicking myself because I should have bought the entire lot.

Good Lord! I had no idea what hay was going for these days. I lived in texas in the late 80s and could buy then for $1.75 a bale if I remember correctly. I'm moving soon to a place where land and horses are again a possibility for me but alas grazing is poor there. I hate to think what it would cost to keep a couple horses and ponies for the kids. What is the going rate for shoeing these days? I cringe to think....

ElliesMom

oh dont go to shoeing, I personally have paid anywhere from 25 to 40 for a trim on all 4! My gals barefoot thank god!

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
Good Lord! I had no idea what hay was going for these days. I lived in texas in the late 80s and could buy then for $1.75 a bale if I remember correctly. I'm moving soon to a place where land and horses are again a possibility for me but alas grazing is poor there. I hate to think what it would cost to keep a couple horses and ponies for the kids. What is the going rate for shoeing these days? I cringe to think....

$65 fronts and $110 all the way around..