Anyone have their Horse Board go up

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
in these though economic times??? The article in the March Equiery made it seem like board prices in some areas of the State are actually having to come down. Seems like the prices of stalls at some of the PG Series Shows are actually less then in years past.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
in these though economic times??? The article in the March Equiery made it seem like board prices in some areas of the State are actually having to come down. Seems like the prices of stalls at some of the PG Series Shows are actually less then in years past.

I heard there is one place in Southern Maryland that is charging $650? Is that true? Actually I found out today that down here there is a place charging $1200 but that includes lessons and it is with a decent trainer.

fredsaid2

I heard there is one place in Southern Maryland that is charging $650? Is that true? Actually I found out today that down here there is a place charging $1200 but that includes lessons and it is with a decent trainer.

I heard that too about the $650 board. Seems a lot when we don't have even a LNT locally. So what are people paying currently? A couple years ago most were in the $300 range just for basic board and an outdoor ring.

Duckz

Wow, what's the $1200 place?

Our board was raised from $250 to $275. That's field board with access to nice outdoor rings, a good jumping course, and trails.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
The $650 board is probably that fancy-pants farm on your way to Annapolis. I don't remember what it is called, but it is right before Holiday Stables and Obligation.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Baywood is actually very nice, but this thread is about a barn charging that much here in Somd.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Ok Ok I admit it!!! It's my place!!! :nomoney:

oh wait! you guys are talking per horse each month! Not per month for all horses! :faint:
:killingme:killingme

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Well the older barn is 550 a month starting May 1st.

I am not aware of anyone else leaving. I am but there was just no way that I could pay the increase in board. My original plan was to spend the winter there so I could ride and leave in the spring. I was upfront also when I moved in there about my plan.

Now that being said the facility is absolutely beautiful. The barns are spotless with zero dust. The indoor has nice footing. The trails are well marked and there are plenty of options to jump ditches and streams. I just can't afford that board right now.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Well the older barn is 550 a month starting May 1st.

I am not aware of anyone else leaving. I am but there was just no way that I could pay the increase in board. My original plan was to spend the winter there so I could ride and leave in the spring. I was upfront also when I moved in there about my plan.

Now that being said the facility is absolutely beautiful. The barns are spotless with zero dust. The indoor has nice footing. The trails are well marked and there are plenty of options to jump ditches and streams. I just can't afford that board right now.

Are you going back to the other place for the Spring, Summer, and Fall??? I'm sure it was nice having the indoor this Winter to keep your horse and yourself going.