Anyone have their Horse Board go up

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Are you going back to the other place for the Spring, Summer, and Fall??? I'm sure it was nice having the indoor this Winter to keep your horse and yourself going.

I am not sure at this point. I might stay put for the winter at the other place and just ride on the weekends. Also trailer into another facility once a week for a dressage lesson. I didn't get to ride much this winter as I thought. It was mostly related to having a new job and my college class.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I am not sure at this point. I might stay put for the winter at the other place and just ride on the weekends. Also trailer into another facility once a week for a dressage lesson. I didn't get to ride much this winter as I thought. It was mostly related to having a new job and my college class.

It's so hard when life gets in the way of our horse passion sometimes. I'm never satisfied with how much training I can get done in a week. Just wish there were more hours in the day. If my youngest gets in to Calvert Co. Pre-K next year that would free up a few hours a day M-F for some me time. :yahoo: Then the following yr. all day Kindergarten.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Yeah I need about 2 more hours a day. Now that daylight savings time is starting I can work until 5:30 or 6 and still have daylight.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Well the older barn is 550 a month starting May 1st.

I am not aware of anyone else leaving. I am but there was just no way that I could pay the increase in board. My original plan was to spend the winter there so I could ride and leave in the spring. I was upfront also when I moved in there about my plan.

Now that being said the facility is absolutely beautiful. The barns are spotless with zero dust. The indoor has nice footing. The trails are well marked and there are plenty of options to jump ditches and streams. I just can't afford that board right now.

I'm staying. try paying for two horses in the near future!
BTW Heavy..Got good news on B friday :yahoo: i can start walkingg him under saddle for 20 minutes a day :bigwhoop: better then nothing!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I'm staying. try paying for two horses in the near future!
BTW Heavy..Got good news on B friday :yahoo: i can start walkingg him under saddle for 20 minutes a day :bigwhoop: better then nothing!

I heard....I came later on yesterday afternoon and D told me you rode. I am THRILLED for you!!

Are you getting a new one soon?

SugarNSpikes

Wow, 650$ a month? Thats ridiculous. I'd rather pay that than the 1,000$/month my friend has to pay in New Jersey to keep her horse, though.

We pay 325$/month for full board and it includes his grain and all of the hay that he can eat. We also have a nice indoor and outdoor and really pretty trails.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
blissfull - so what did they find out was wrong with B?

he had some minor tears in his front right suspensitory ligament. Not exactly sure how it happended but it's life i guess.

I did something called PRP and its already starting to grow back and its only been 6 weeks!

Heavy-Got one in mind. D is going to call and we shall see this whole process needs to hurry up! I'm ready to show and ride again!