Anyone Killed Any Big Ones Yet??

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I can always tell its hunting season when the herd shows up in my backyard. They come over the fence and hang out for hours.

puggymom

Yay me! :diva:
I got one this morning with my car. Shame it was the female and not the male I saw waiting around :ohwell:

jenni4

Yay me!
I just got my "shotgun season" buck.... not as big as my first one but I'm still VERY proud of him... actually shot him with my Muzzleloader....

he is about 2.5 yrs old... on Public land.

Got him out of a stand that I have been hunting for 4 days... a doe being chased by a spike were the first to pop out and as I was considering them, out pops the buck. More deer started trickling out of the same thicket. When I shot him - the woods exploded with deer! Deer everywhere!

Darn thing didn't leave a blood trail though! Luckily it was a good shot and he didn't go far. I couldn't see him drop but I heard him stagger around and drop in the water so I pretty much knew where he was.

It was a great hunt

Attachments

• deer crop.jpg
    deer crop.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 102

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I just got my "shotgun season" buck.... not as big as my first one but I'm still VERY proud of him... actually shot him with my Muzzleloader....

he is about 2.5 yrs old... on Public land.

Got him out of a stand that I have been hunting for 4 days... a doe being chased by a spike were the first to pop out and as I was considering them, out pops the buck. More deer started trickling out of the same thicket. When I shot him - the woods exploded with deer! Deer everywhere!

Darn thing didn't leave a blood trail though! Luckily it was a good shot and he didn't go far. I couldn't see him drop but I heard him stagger around and drop in the water so I pretty much knew where he was.

It was a great hunt
Nice Buck!

ImaBadB

Love Me or Hate Me
My Husband's friend got a 13 ptr on public land while they were doing a deer drive, he was massive. I can't wait to go with them next time!