Anyone own/use a mosquito trap in the area ?

luvmygdaughters

Had an experience with one years ago, my daughters, who were young at the time, 2nd and 3rd grade, and I lived in apartment on the top floor. Came home from work and picking them up from the babysitters. We walked in and there was something laying on the floor, I thought it was construction paper that one of the kids had left on the floor while doing a project. I told them to pick it up and put it away. They reached down to pick it up and the construction paper started flying :faint:. Locked them in the bedroom, chased that damn bat around with a broom and newspaper trying to knock it down. Never found it, had my brother in law come by and check the entire apartment and no where to be found. A couple days later, we were walking out to the car to go to school and work and guess what was lying on the sidewalk...a dead bat! Not sure if it was the same one or not.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Had an experience with one years ago, my daughters, who were young at the time, 2nd and 3rd grade, and I lived in apartment on the top floor. Came home from work and picking them up from the babysitters. We walked in and there was something laying on the floor, I thought it was construction paper that one of the kids had left on the floor while doing a project. I told them to pick it up and put it away. They reached down to pick it up and the construction paper started flying :faint:. Locked them in the bedroom, chased that damn bat around with a broom and newspaper trying to knock it down. Never found it, had my brother in law come by and check the entire apartment and no where to be found. A couple days later, we were walking out to the car to go to school and work and guess what was lying on the sidewalk...a dead bat! Not sure if it was the same one or not.
We get them in the house at my Dad's. One was hanging off the headboard of my friends bed, next to her head. Another I chased around with a giant squeegee. Last time we just left the doors open and out they went.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have not read all the posts, but the only thing that works in my hood of a swamp is Mosquito Barrier..

mosquito barrier.com

luvmygdaughters

We get them in the house at my Dad's. One was hanging off the headboard of my friends bed, next to her head. Another I chased around with a giant squeegee. Last time we just left the doors open and out they went.

One was hanging off the headboard of my friends bed, next to her head
:shocking:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I have not read all the posts, but the only thing that works in my hood of a swamp is Mosquito Barrier..

mosquito barrier.com

We tried mosquito barrier co. Didn’t work. Then, we tried the garlic solution app using our Deere. Didn’t work so well, either. Looking for alternatives.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

Save some money and plant some natural repelling plants, such as marigolds, that act passively and make your property look and smell nice throughout the summer. Just plant, water, and forget.

Thanks for the link. We have a veg/herb garden every year. I will add the ones that we don’t already grow, and place some in pots on our deck. Our veg garden is on the side of the house. And, our acquired lucky feral cat will go nuts over the catnip. :)

Bonehead

We normally have a bat or two that fly around and around the house in the late summer evenings. I should build a house for them.