Anyone sold items to Qutie Pies in Callaway?

grandma

I am trying to decide if I should take clothing to Qutie Pies in Callaway or take the tax credit by donating them to Birthright or Vintage Values? Has anyone sold clothing to Qutie Pies? Did you feel like they paid enough to make it worth it?

I am trying to decide if I should take clothing to Qutie Pies in Callaway or take the tax credit by donating them to Birthright or Vintage Values? Has anyone sold clothing to Qutie Pies? Did you feel like they paid enough to make it worth it?

I am consigning with Daffodils N Dots. They pay a higher percent, their sale starts and stops in less than one week so my things won't be sitting in a shop for weeks or months, and they are very service oriented to their consignors. They have a kids expo lined up for May in Calvert, a designer women's clothing and accessories in August at the Charles Fairgrounds, and they're planning a huge women's/children's combo consignment expo at the Blue Crabs stadium in October. If my items don't sell, they offered to give them back to me, but I picked the option to have them donated (they partner with a local charity in the county where their sales are held and consignors can donate unsold items if they'd like.)

BOP

Does D 'n D have an actual address? Interestingly, that's not on the website anywhere that I could find.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I do not think they are a consignment shop. They would buy it outright from you for resale.

I have sold a few items to the owner of Qutie Pies -- she was great! Very quick and appreciative of what I brought her. I felt like it might have been a tad low, but then again, I didn't need the items anymore and she's new in business. (Maybe it was my good deed for the day?) Anyway, it was good experience...cute shop, too!

Does D 'n D have an actual address? Interestingly, that's not on the website anywhere that I could find.

No, they aren't a retail location. They are a consignment event business. They host events around the southern MD area, not a sale at a specific location as a traditional consignment shop. You select the event you want to consign at, you register as a consignor on their site, you get a consignor account where you enter all your items (and YOU set the price), hit a button to print your price tags, attach them to your items, then you work with their team to schedule a drop off time at the event you've chosen. You drop off your items, they sell all they can, and you get your consignor check within 2 weeks of the event. For unsold items, you have the choice to get your items back, or donate them to the partnering charity with your chosen event. They are selective about what items they'll take, though; they feature mostly brand name items, and all furniture, toys, accessories, etc. must be in excellent condition. But shoppers love it - it's almost like "running of the brides" at Filenes:)

I especially like it since, as a consignor, I set the price, and I don't have to go back and get my check. They mail it directly to me with a detail sheet of what sold.

Google consignment events. They are pretty hot, mainly because they are short, your items aren't tied up for long, and the consignor percentage is usually pretty high.

lovinmaryland

I personally dont like shopping or selling my items to the local baby resale shops. I've found not only do they over charge for items they are selling, they also dont pay nearly what the items are worth when they purchase them from people. I know they have to make a profit but buying an outfit from someone for 75 cents and then selling it for $5 is a bit excessive.

I took in all of my baby gear (car seats, pack & play, bassinet, etc...) all of these items were in excellent - like new condition. I went in w/ a number in mind that I wanted for each item (what I would expect to get selling them in an ad or at a yard sale) the number she came back w/ was 1/4 of what I had wanted to get.

Example the portable bassinet was $150 brand new and only used a handful of times, was in like new condition. I wanted to at least get $50 for it...she offered me $20. There was another bassinet for sale in her store that was not half as nice as the one I brought in, her price tag for that model was $60. I thanked her for her time but said I wasnt interested in selling my items to her.

I was able to sell my things w/ Leprechaun Lilly's. I sold the bassinet for $75. My take was roughly $55. Its a little late now but depending on the amount of stuff you have you could sell them at Leprechaun Lilly's. They have a bi annual sale in Spring & Fall at the St Mary's Fairgrounds. The turnout for these events is HUGE, so I would estimate 95% of the items I had for sale there sold.

Also you can volunteer ( I do this every sale) and receive access to shop early getting the best deals. :yay: Leprechaun Lilly's Children's Consignment Sale | Serving Southern Maryland MD

beachnut01

I personally dont like shopping or selling my items to the local baby resale shops. I've found not only do they over charge for items they are selling, they also dont pay nearly what the items are worth when they purchase them from people. I know they have to make a profit but buying an outfit from someone for 75 cents and then selling it for $5 is a bit excessive.

I took in all of my baby gear (car seats, pack & play, bassinet, etc...) all of these items were in excellent - like new condition. I went in w/ a number in mind that I wanted for each item (what I would expect to get selling them in an ad or at a yard sale) the number she came back w/ was 1/4 of what I had wanted to get.

Example the portable bassinet was $150 brand new and only used a handful of times, was in like new condition. I wanted to at least get $50 for it...she offered me $20. There was another bassinet for sale in her store that was not half as nice as the one I brought in, her price tag for that model was $60. I thanked her for her time but said I wasnt interested in selling my items to her.

I was able to sell my things w/ Leprechaun Lilly's. I sold the bassinet for $75. My take was roughly $55. Its a little late now but depending on the amount of stuff you have you could sell them at Leprechaun Lilly's. They have a bi annual sale in Spring & Fall at the St Mary's Fairgrounds. The turnout for these events is HUGE, so I would estimate 95% of the items I had for sale there sold.

Also you can volunteer ( I do this every sale) and receive access to shop early getting the best deals. :yay: Leprechaun Lilly's Children's Consignment Sale | Serving Southern Maryland MD

If you could mention the store .... they are not equal from what I have learned. I dont believe you took your things to the Callaway store--correct?

lovinmaryland

If you could mention the store .... they are not equal from what I have learned. I dont believe you took your things to the Callaway store--correct?

No I took clothes w/ the intention of selling them to Callaway... but the baby gear was at another store in Mechanicsville. Same result at both places.

Both stores have their items for sale WAY over priced IMO.