Anyone want to split a load of hay?

DQ2B

Craigslist add for NY timothy/orchard mix of first cutting hay $5.50/bale delivered but I only need about 350 bales and their truck holds 600-700.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Craigslist add for NY timothy/orchard mix of first cutting hay $5.50/bale delivered but I only need about 350 bales and their truck holds 600-700.

No thanks. That's just a tad more fiber than I need.
Made myself laugh.....Wasn't there a horse afficionado here that might be able to use some?

MMDad

Lem Putt
No thanks. That's just a tad more fiber than I need.
Made myself laugh.....Wasn't there a horse afficionado here that might be able to use some?

Maybe they should put it in the horse forum where stupid people won't think it's being offered to them.

Oh, wait, they did.

spellbound

I might be interested. Have you bought from them before? Do you know how dense/heavy/big the bales are? Would they deliver to both locations or would I have to come to your place and haul it myself? Do their delivery men unload it and stack it for you?

nutz

Why aren't you buying from someone local? The pricing is nothing special. We still have farm activity in the region.

DQ2B

Why aren't you buying from someone local? The pricing is nothing special. We still have farm activity in the region.

My horses won't eat the local stuff for whatever reason and I got tired of throwing away hay that they pee and poop on. The stuff from NY and PA they clean up. I also haven't seen any local ads for $5.50 delivered and stacked.

DQ2B

I might be interested. Have you bought from them before? Do you know how dense/heavy/big the bales are? Would they deliver to both locations or would I have to come to your place and haul it myself? Do their delivery men unload it and stack it for you?

Sent you a PM

DQ2B

I have a picture of this hay if anyone is interested. The two guys on the truck also help stack the bales.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Did you find a taker on the hay - if not I'll pass the word on.

I already have a hay supply locally, and he doesn't have a huge operation, so only services a few customers. With my 2 staying stalled so much due to my mare's injury, I'm going through my hay supply really fast. I may run out in August. I don't like buying/loading/unloading/stacking hay in the Summer heat, so I can see you'd want to buy hay that comes with labor included <G>.

DQ2B

Did you find a taker on the hay - if not I'll pass the word on.

I already have a hay supply locally, and he doesn't have a huge operation, so only services a few customers. With my 2 staying stalled so much due to my mare's injury, I'm going through my hay supply really fast. I may run out in August. I don't like buying/loading/unloading/stacking hay in the Summer heat, so I can see you'd want to buy hay that comes with labor included <G>.

Not yet, still looking or for another option but ,yes, Having it delivered is necessary (I don't have a big enough trailer to hold 350 bales) and I just can't manage that many to stack on my own as they have to be stacked really high since I have limed space.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Not yet, still looking or for another option but ,yes, Having it delivered is necessary (I don't have a big enough trailer to hold 350 bales) and I just can't manage that many to stack on my own as they have to be stacked really high since I have limed space.

I hear ya. I can only get about 60 bales in my horse trailer, so I end up making a few trips each year to pick-up hay. Having a skilled stacker is very important too. I know I could store MORE hay if we knew how to stack it ideally. I usually end up putting in a layer of pallets every 10 feet or so high we go. I don't want to lose the barn to a spontaneous combustion hay fire.

It's also quite inconvenient to unload the hay in the barn because we can't park near the barn entrance. So we have to use a cart to get the hay from the trailer to the barn - 3 bales at a time - yeah not great.