AOC - Where Did 25,000 Come From?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ocasio-Cortez began by questioning the 25,000 number: “So here’s a couple of things on that. One is that, and I said this from the very beginning: where does that 25,000 number come from? Everyone always cites this number and it is almost completely unsubstantiated, it almost feels like it only comes from Amazon that’s saying, that’s promising this. When you actually look —”

Isikoff interjected, “So what if it was only 15,000 jobs?”

Ocasio-Cortez sidestepped the question, answering, “And …. so … even then, my opposition was less, and is less, than something personal with Amazon, and is more about the structure of the deal. And when you’re looking at three billion (dollars), which includes, it’s not all tax cuts, a lot of people say this thing pays for itself. First of all, revenue neutral, I don’t know if revenue neutral is the goal we need right now. Secondly, 25,000 jobs at $150,000 is was what was promised.”

(For the record, Ocasio-Cortez was misquoting Amazon, which spoke of an average salary of $150,000 for the 25,000 projected jobs. As CNBC reported last November, speaking of Amazon’s plans to build new locations in New York City, northern Virginia, and Nashville, Tennessee, “In all three locations, the average salary for new employees will exceed $150,000 per year, Amazon announced.”)

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46041/watch-ocasio-cortez-doubles-down-sabotaging-amazon-hank-berrien

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
O glorious they name and fame,
Resplendent from thy youth!
O radiant the holy flame,
That lights thy lamp of Truth!
O Boston University,
O Alma Mater dear,
We'll cherish, love and honor thee,
And thy great name revere

We'll cherish, love and honor thee,
And thy great name revere

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Ocasio-Cortez began by questioning the 25,000 number....

Shot:
It appears that Ocasio-Cortez has a Bachelor of Arts degree with majors in both International Relations and Economics. International Relations and Economics are both departments within Boston University’s College of Arts and Sciences (this author is also a graduate of Boston University who initially majored in International Relations and has familiarity with how the school is structured).

Technically, this would mean AOC double majored.

Chaser 1:
There are plenty of criticisms to be made about AOC’s policies, tactics, and her level of economic understanding. A wonderful question that should be asked is, in light of her BA in International Relations and Economics (with honors), her scientific accolades, and the fact that she resided in the capital of the world’s financial markets, why was she bartending before she ran for Congress to make ends meet?

Chaser 2:
Quite a few of AOC’s fellow Terriers would be happy if the first thing people thought of when the name “Boston University” is mentioned is not an economic illiterate.

Link: "So, Does AOC Really Have An Economics Degree From Boston University?"

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Take a look at the link I posted. Provides an explanation in response to the tweet you cited.

I found it very informative.

--- End of line (MCP)

transporter

.@AOC does NOT have an economics degree.
She took 12 credit hours in economics, in classes like "Economics of Less-Developed Regions," as part of her international relations degree.
"I have a degree in economics" is another example of AOC's pattern of compulsive lying. https://t.co/MKDGqnwYz1
— Donny Ferguson 🗽 (@DonnyFerguson) April 1, 2019

That 12 hours is likely more than Herman Cain, a Presidential nominee for the Federal Reserve Board.

While our dear comrade GURPS focuses on the stupid comments of a 30 year old Congressional freshman, let me point out the stunningly stupid comment from a week or so ago from our 70+ year old buffoon of a President.

Donald Trump proclaimed the noise from a wind turbine causes cancer.

Yooper

Both the origional and the latest,. Don't recall 'MCP'
Started as an inside joke. But I liked it, so I decided to keep it going (for my own personal amusement). 'Cause I'm a bot, you know. ;)

--- End of line (MCP)