Lawn mowers
Trimmers
Leaf blowers
Vacuum cleaners
Cars with noisy mufflers
School buses
The UPS truck
Etc.

My yard guy is here cutting grass right now and the dog losing his mind is louder than the mower. Any suggestions as to how I can make him stop being stupid, or is it just one of those things?

Roman

Lawn mowers
Trimmers
Leaf blowers
Vacuum cleaners
Cars with noisy mufflers
School buses
The UPS truck
Etc.

My yard guy is here cutting grass right now and the dog losing his mind is louder than the mower. Any suggestions as to how I can make him stop being stupid, or is it just one of those things?
My Pup hates the Rototiller, and barks like a Freak at it, even if it's not running. I think it's just one of those little things. It's CUTE though...........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My Pup hates the Rototiller, and barks like a Freak at it, even if it's not running. I think it's just one of those little things. It's CUTE though...........

I figured those things hurt his ears or something, so I usually pull him into my lap to try and soothe him. But no go with the yard guy or when a neighbor is cutting grass. :lol:

donbarzini

These?

Attachments

• boxer.jpg
    boxer.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 111

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Lawn mowers
Trimmers
Leaf blowers
Vacuum cleaners
Cars with noisy mufflers
School buses
The UPS truck
Etc.

I am not sure about the connection here...but they sell these "HUG" jackets for dogs who have major reactions to thunder, (loud noises). So maybe looking into one of those might help him. (That is IF the behavior is noise related).

Otherwise...Drugs..lots of good doggie drugs!!! (jk!) :cool:

belvak

Happy Camper
I am not sure about the connection here...but they sell these "HUG" jackets for dogs who have major reactions to thunder, (loud noises). So maybe looking into one of those might help him. (That is IF the behavior is noise related).

Otherwise...Drugs..lots of good doggie drugs!!! (jk!) :cool:

Georgia goes nuts whenever anyone, car, squirrel, bird, etc. goes past our house, or is in the yard. She also detests thunder and fireworks. She gives her best growl, followed by a few hound bays, then runs downstairs to bay some more while she is crawling under the bed to hide. :lol: She does this whenever anyone comes to the door too. Including those of us who live in the house with her!! She never used to make a peep. This just started up about 9 months or so ago.

We thought about getting one of the doggie jackets, but they are around $40, and a little pricey if they don't actually work. Has anyone tried one? Results?

Nanny Pam

I am not looking for any negativity, but we had to get Buster, my 3 yr. old a shock collar. We only ever had to shock him once or twice. All ne needs to hear are the "warning beeps" (which are given first, before shocking him) and what ever he is doing, he stops immediately and comes to me. Best investment for him because it works for everything.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am not looking for any negativity, but we had to get Buster, my 3 yr. old a shock collar. We only ever had to shock him once or twice. All ne needs to hear are the "warning beeps" (which are given first, before shocking him) and what ever he is doing, he stops immediately and comes to me. Best investment for him because it works for everything.

What happens when you use it on the grandkids? :lol:

Pete

Repete
Lawn mowers
Trimmers
Leaf blowers
Vacuum cleaners
Cars with noisy mufflers
School buses
The UPS truck
Etc.

You forgot blenders

Vince

Lawn mowers
Trimmers
Leaf blowers
Vacuum cleaners
Cars with noisy mufflers
School buses
The UPS truck
Etc.

Bring him over the house and take him for a ride on the lawn tractor. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and new trash bags

He doesn't care about those - he just doesn't like it when I pull the full bag out of the can. Once it's out, he's good and doesn't care when I'm putting a new bag in.

He's weird.

He also freaks and tackles me when I put my shoes on, but I understand that one.