Apple to repatriate $200 Billion

littlelady

God bless the USA
Anyway, dummy, I'll assume you're talking about the dividend yield.

People don't generally look to the tech sector for current income (dividend yields). They look to the tech sector for longer-term growth.

With that said, AAPL is 2nd only to CSCO in dividend yield in that sector.

You want to go ahead and double-down on the stupid now?

Good grief, StarmanLB. You are on a roll today calling members names, and acting all knowing and all. Where do you get off? Pun intended. In your words to me...’go away’.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Did someone say something?

Nope. No one of import.

You made my point. It is obvious I said something. You are so pompous. That is how I know you are LB. And, do you really think members here think your posts are of import, when you are so condescending. The smartest and most knowledgeable members had your number from day one.

officeguy

200B is only a lot of money if it is used for a tax cut. If it is brought back by a company it's chump change.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
200B is only a lot of money if it is used for a tax cut. If it is brought back by a company it's chump change.

:yay:

It's always "far too much for the military" and "no where near enough for welfare"

Chris0nllyn

Planned capital expenditures in the US, investments in American manufacturing over five years and a record tax payment upon repatriation of overseas profits will account for approximately $75 billion of Apple's direct contribution.

Apple, already the largest US taxpayer, anticipates repatriation tax payments of approximately $38 billion as required by recent changes to the tax law. A payment of that size would likely be the largest of its kind ever made

Apple expects to invest over $30 billion in capital expenditures in the US over the next five years and create over 20,000 new jobs through hiring at existing campuses and opening a new one.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-accelerates-us-investment-job-180000719.html

officeguy

The tax bill on the repartriated money alone is $38 billion. We would have never seen that money come back without the improved tax climate.

Starman

All that said, today's announcement is nothing more than sales puffery.

Most of the CAPEX and hiring that have been touted was already in the works and was going to be done with or without this repatriation.

So, the Treasury accounts get a bit fatter. I'm not a believer in corporate taxes anyway, so :bigwhoop:

If I were Tim Cook, I would have told the US to #### off - I'll keep my money where I want.