Apples and Salt licks

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Anyone know where I can get cheap apples not fit for human consumption that the deer will eat? I'm feeding the deer (not shooting them, just enjoy watching them in the yard). Also, where is the cheapest place to get salt licks? TIA.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Where do you live? a 50 lb mineral salt block is way under $10 You could get a 50 lb bag of corn too..

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
My mom and dad have apple trees.. She picked off the best ones toda to bring me for applesauce this weekend..

I"m sure they'd love for me(the kids) to come clear out the rest before the bugs get them and they start to rot on the ground...

I"ll ask her in the morning:yay:

They are granny smith, if you happen to have a preference.:biggrin:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pasofever said:
Where do you live? a 50 lb mineral salt block is way under $10 You could get a 50 lb bag of corn too..
I'm in California. Is Stauffers the place to go? I was thinking about going there at lunch today. And where do I get the mineral salt block?

onebdzee

off the shelf
There is an apple tree in the field behind my house....you want me to have the mutts get you some?

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
:yeahthat:
the corn is probably a better solution, and it is relatively cheap. Joe Stauffer has bags of the stuff. Ear corn is great!

Cowgirl

There used to be an orchard on Rt. 5 almost as you get to 235. Know where I mean? It was on the right if you were going north. I wonder if they'd have throw-away apples. When I was in Vermont, the Agway would sell pallets full of apples. It always smelled so good there. :yum:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Lilypad said:
If DNR were to read this thread they'd swear you were baiting.... :lmao:
Might want to put that salt lick on a stump-last longer
:whistle:

That and you wont have a massive hole in your yard later..

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Lilypad said:
If DNR were to read this thread they'd swear you were baiting.... :lmao:
Might want to put that salt lick on a stump-last longer
:whistle:

And...After Sept 15th, please give us directions, and time of day these fat deer come for their apples and salt. Will drive slow so not to hit them with car! :killingme