Appy, say it aint so!

W

WildHorses

My earlier response was, unfortunately, premature. My draft horse went down in his stall and it took many, many people to finally get him to his feet and into a paddock yesterday. Which included cutting away the front of the stall. Unfortunately, our efforts were in vain because he passed away peacefully today at 4:00 p.m. because, although his will was strong, his heart could not keep pace.
I have to say that despite the fact he had many problems in his last few years and it did cost a fortune to take care of him, I would not have traded it for anything. He brought joy and laughter into my life and I am so very grateful he was there. I'm also grateful that I did not have to be the one to decide when it was his time to go. I was with him at the end and was able to say my last "goodnight old man" before he left. I loved that horse.

W

WildHorses

He had a heart attack. Vet was out and thought he was doing well, as did we all, but he just couldn't keep going. Was very difficult working with a draft, but had some very qualified, wonderful people with us. He won't be buried on the property, but will be back. He was very special and will be missed greatly.
Thank you for your kindness.

fredsaid2

WildHorses said:
He had a heart attack. Vet was out and thought he was doing well, as did we all, but he just couldn't keep going. Was very difficult working with a draft, but had some very qualified, wonderful people with us. He won't be buried on the property, but will be back. He was very special and will be missed greatly.
Thank you for your kindness.
So sorry for your loss. I'm glad he was such a joy to you and I'm sure, you to him.

W

WildHorses

I haven't been on this forum long, but this is what's so great about it. There can be some heated discussions on topics where people, obviously, will never agree and then there is such kindness towards others it truly warms the heart. Thank you.