Arabian Horse Farms in Southern Maryland

ArabianHorse79

1. Is anyone aware of any Arabian horse farms in Southern Maryland? Charles, St. Mary's, or Calvert....

2. Also, is anyone aware of any saddleseat equitation trainers or side saddle trainers in the area?

Thank you! :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
ArabianHorse79 said:
1. Is anyone aware of any Arabian horse farms in Southern Maryland? Charles, St. Mary's, or Calvert....

2. Also, is anyone aware of any saddleseat equitation trainers or side saddle trainers in the area?

Thank you! :howdy:

Arabs...and Saddleseat...your asking for it ha??? :killingme

fredsaid2

The MAHA might be a good place to start.

Arabesque Farm has arabs. Perhaps they could pass along some contacts. Check the back of the Equiery for the farm number.

Genesis Farms in Calvert show saddleseat with Morgans. They might be another source for contacts.

Good luck!

ArabianHorse79

Pasofever said:
Arabs...and Saddleseat...your asking for it ha??? :killingme

:lmao: I know...I'm crazy! It's actually extremely common for arabs to compete in english pleasure classes in full saddleseat attire. The closest trainer I know of is in northern Maryland and a few in Delaware, but I'd like to find something closer if I can....I'm pretty certain it is not very popular here, but I figured I would check. But, does anyone know of any arab farms in the area...specializing in any discipline.

Last edited:
K

Katie

:howdy:

I rode morgans saddleseat, and showed against arabs. I might a different breed now, and ride dressage but I am always going to be a saddle seat rider at heart! I still have my Helen Crabtree saddle seat saddle.

ArabianHorse79 said:
:lmao: I know...I'm crazy! It's actually extremely common for arabs to compete in english pleasure classes in full saddleseat attire. The closest trainer I know of is in northern Maryland and a few in Delaware, but I'd like to find something closer if I can....I'm pretty certain it is not very popular here, but I figured I would check. But, does anyone know of any arab farms in the area...specializing in any discipline.

I showed english :yay: But in Oklahoma, not here, so I can't be of any help.

And WOW side saddle - that was tough! And the only thing that I didn't like and I've done western, english, country-english and drove the buggy. Power to you. :huggy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
ArabianHorse79 said:
: But, does anyone know of any arab farms in the area...specializing in any discipline.

My X's parents raise Arabs in Laplata.....discipline....don't think they did anything.. :killingme

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I showed Arabs Saddleseat, Western, & Hunt seat until my horse borke his leg and had to be put down.(very sad) I even went to the Nationals in Kentucky & New Mexico a few times. I was only thirteen when I stopped showing arabs and stuck with the hunters. I train, but I doubt I would be good enough to teach saddleseat anymore. There is someone at our barn that is going to show her Arab in the rated shows if you want to PM me I can give her your info or something. She may have some contacts for you.

ShamrockArabs

happyappygirl said:
http://www.briesrottweilers.com/snow/khorvette.htm
Shamrock Farm, Barb MacDonald in 7th district.
And MAHA, Ellen Watters livelywatters@verizon.net

Shamrock Arabians is where I ride. I ride for Barb...she's great! I've been working with Barb's horses for the last year and I think I've learned more from her in the last year then I have all 15 years I've been riding! Let me know if you want her info.

Happyappygirl - Isn't Snow Flake due soon...we bred her to Khorvette at the end of March right? Or was it April? Whenever it was, the foal will be here before we know it! Are you still planning to foal her out at Barb's?

mingiz

Horse Poor
White Point is off of Rt 244 the road next to Leonardtown Middle school. WP rd is on the right...

Tazgirl

ShamrockArabs said:
Shamrock Arabians is where I ride. I ride for Barb...she's great! I've been working with Barb's horses for the last year and I think I've learned more from her in the last year then I have all 15 years I've been riding! Let me know if you want her info.

Happyappygirl - Isn't Snow Flake due soon...we bred her to Khorvette at the end of March right? Or was it April? Whenever it was, the foal will be here before we know it! Are you still planning to foal her out at Barb's?

Michelle ---- are we going to get to play with the foal.....

Taz -----

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
ShamrockArabs said:

Yep, i think we'll be bringing Snowy the first week in Feb? Little one is going to miss her terribly. She's such a sweetie, she doesn't KNOW what putting her ears back means.

Can you tell barb about Tequila's baby (check out the Quiet Valley Morning Bliss thread)? And tell her Te'll be ready to visit with Khorvette when she is.