Arabian Horse Farms in Southern Maryland

ShamrockArabs

happyappygirl said:
Yep, i think we'll be bringing Snowy the first week in Feb? Little one is going to miss her terribly. She's such a sweetie, she doesn't KNOW what putting her ears back means.

Can you tell barb about Tequila's baby (check out the Quiet Valley Morning Bliss thread)? And tell her Te'll be ready to visit with Khorvette when she is.

Cool! I can't wait to see Snowy! She's so cute!

I didn't realize you were planning to breed Tequila to Khorvett!! Tequila has arab in her, right? That will be an AWESOME cross!!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
ShamrockArabs said:
Cool! I can't wait to see Snowy! She's so cute!

I didn't realize you were planning to breed Tequila to Khorvett!! Tequila has arab in her, right? That will be an AWESOME cross!!!
Yup She's an Arapaloosa! Mrs Barb wants to do it. She wants a foal from her, prolly because her sire was an Arab, and she looks like an arab in a spotted suit. Thing is i hate winter babies.... so i'll leave it up to her when she wants to do it. I haven't had the chance to call her. Is she feeling better?

W

WarmbloodLvr

ArabianHorse79 said:
1. Is anyone aware of any Arabian horse farms in Southern Maryland? Charles, St. Mary's, or Calvert....

2. Also, is anyone aware of any saddleseat equitation trainers or side saddle trainers in the area?

Thank you! :howdy:

Not really sure about saddleseat but I've shown side-saddle all over the east coast and internationally through ISSO at KY Horse Park. I currently don't have a horse that I can ride/show/compete side saddle but, if you have a horse I'd be more then happy to give you a few pointers. Trying to get into dressage but I will always be a side-saddle rider at heart. <3 I miss it more then anything.

ShamrockArabs

happyappygirl said:
Yup She's an Arapaloosa! Mrs Barb wants to do it. She wants a foal from her, prolly because her sire was an Arab, and she looks like an arab in a spotted suit. Thing is i hate winter babies.... so i'll leave it up to her when she wants to do it. I haven't had the chance to call her. Is she feeling better?

I'll see her tomorrow and let her know that Te's ready for Khorvett whenever she is!

She's doing great since her surgery...I think she's moving her arm around a lot more now then she was before her surgery!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
ShamrockArabs said:
I'll see her tomorrow and let her know that Te's ready for Khorvett whenever she is!

She's doing great since her surgery...I think she's moving her arm around a lot more now then she was before her surgery!
great, and send her the pix of Bliss! Looks like Te will give her color no matter what. And tell her i know of a real nicely bred chestnut with bling, weanling stallion quality colt if she's interested or knows anyone. he's got a gorgeous exotic head.

sschleper

curious myself

I use to show on the arabian circuit in NJ and had to sell my horses and stop showing b/c of college but now that i am married and settled in MD i am looking for a farm to start riding at again, and hopefully buy a horse one day again.

I use to show halter, saddle seat, wester, hunter & dressage... but my true love was saddle seat. So i am interested in any saddle seat farms in the area preferable arabian farms.... I currently live in Baltimore City and i know i am a bit of a drive from most of the areas you guys are talking about but can you please tell me where Shamrock Farms is so i can judge how far from the city it is?? Or if you know of any farms closer to the city?? ANy help would be GREAT... i am itching to get back in the saddle again!!

thanks

K

Katie

sschleper said:
I use to show on the arabian circuit in NJ and had to sell my horses and stop showing b/c of college but now that i am married and settled in MD i am looking for a farm to start riding at again, and hopefully buy a horse one day again.

I use to show halter, saddle seat, wester, hunter & dressage... but my true love was saddle seat. So i am interested in any saddle seat farms in the area preferable arabian farms.... I currently live in Baltimore City and i know i am a bit of a drive from most of the areas you guys are talking about but can you please tell me where Shamrock Farms is so i can judge how far from the city it is?? Or if you know of any farms closer to the city?? ANy help would be GREAT... i am itching to get back in the saddle again!!

thanks

I would think there would be more Saddle seat farms up in your area. It is tough to find around here. There are some morgan farms up in PA also.

I am a saddle seat rider also, and loved it. Actually still love it!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Katie said:
I would think there would be more Saddle seat farms up in your area. It is tough to find around here. There are some morgan farms up in PA also.

I am a saddle seat rider also, and loved it. Actually still love it!

Ok now, don't be giving out all your secrets,, you must save them all for Fancy,, so when you hit the show ring with her people will be... :diva: :diva: :diva: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

K

Katie

SouthernMdRocks said:
Ok now, don't be giving out all your secrets,, you must save them all for Fancy,, so when you hit the show ring with her people will be... :diva: :diva: :diva: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I needed that. :flowers: I can't wait to get on her, and practice.

ShamrockArabs

sschleper said:

thanks

Shamrock Arabians is located in Bushwood, MD. Probably a good 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive for you depending on where in Baltimore you are located. There are actually a good amount of Arab farms that are located closer to you. Check out some of these links.

http://www.4braha.com
http://www.arabianhorses.org/marketplace/classified/search_AFD.asp
http://www.marylandarabian.com/
http://www.region15.com