Are Republicans truly for a smaller government?

alex

Are they going to offer early retirement to some of these people? Wouldn't that help keep some of the younger employees in place? Also, if that GS-14 bumps a GS-13 do they take a cut in pay or keep their current salary?

When I got RIF'd at my last job it was mainly because I was making too much money, since 6 months later my job (same exact duties) was open again and I am sure they hired someone at a much lower salary. At the time I was RIF'd they told me they no longer needed the position.

demsformd

Re: I've been meaning...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
to answer this question for some time.

No.

Then why the hell do you keep attacking Dems as big spenders when the GOP won't stop the spending themselves?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by alex
Are they going to offer early retirement to some of these people? Wouldn't that help keep some of the younger employees in place? Also, if that GS-14 bumps a GS-13 do they take a cut in pay or keep their current salary?

When I got RIF'd at my last job it was mainly because I was making too much money, since 6 months later my job (same exact duties) was open again and I am sure they hired someone at a much lower salary. At the time I was RIF'd they told me they no longer needed the position.

Not sure about the early retirement but I believe authority for them still exists for DOD. I don’t think anyone needs to worry if they are GS-13 or 14. The notice was sent to all (I believe) but the interest was for those GS-11 and below. During a RIF there are grade and pay retentions for those impacted that have a position that they are able to retreat to.