are these shows racist?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We are binge watching The Goldbergs. Starting the series from the beginning you can see the character development better. It's been years since I've watched a TV series, on TV. But now with streaming services, you can knock out a few episodes without commercials.

Probably the only racial stereotype in that show would be of the Jewish mom. They have the token black teacher and Asian student. Everyone else is lily white, which was probably indicative of that show depicting Jenkintown in the 1980s.

We just began season 3. It will be interesting to see the characters age and which direction the writers go in with the story lines.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Probably the only racial stereotype in that show would be of the Jewish mom. They have the token black teacher and Asian student. Everyone else is lily white, which was probably indicative of that show depicting Jenkintown in the 1980s.
Is that anywhere near Hymietown?

Asking for Jesse.

OccamsRazor

New show called "Reservation Dogs" streaming. Native American based-sitcom. Wonder if it will be attacked for racism? :rolleyes:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Is that anywhere near Hymietown?

Asking for Jesse.
Not sure. But I do know that Loopy Louie Fahrakook doesn't live there. But Patri$$e Cullor$ is looking real hard for a bargain in that hood.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We watched an episode of The Jeffersons last night and.....shew..... I'm surprised they even have it in reruns because it was pretty offensive. One bit:

Helen: Tom and I have been married for whatever-years and he has never once called me a ******.
Tom: Doesn't mean I wasn't thinking it.

Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

mitzi

We watched an episode of The Jeffersons last night and.....shew..... I'm surprised they even have it in reruns because it was pretty offensive. One bit:

Helen: Tom and I have been married for whatever-years and he has never once called me a ******.
Tom: Doesn't mean I wasn't thinking it.

Yikes.
Find the one of the engagement party of Lionel and Jenny and the Bunkers were invited. Funniest ever. Every racial stereotype and n word. In the end George and Archie find they aren't so different. I think it was an All In The Family episode.