Are You One Of Those People Who....

Do you like the radio/tv on constantly?

• Yes, I have to have it on, all the time. Work, home, car.

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Occasionally, if I'm doing certain things. (specify)

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Once in a while. I like my peace and quiet.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Hardly. I don't like the racquet and listen/watch only if I have to.

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
H

HouseCat

CONSTANTLY has to have the radio or TV on?

I'm curious... and wondering why these type of people need a constant distraction. I like peace and quiet every once in a while. Radio when I'm cooking or cleaning house. TV when I have nothing else to do.

My husband amazes me how he can surf the web and watch TV at the same time.. I guess I have must have poor concentration skills. lol

Dude at work: we have to hide the remote from him, else he'll keep the TV on FOX news ALL day long...waiting in case some disaster happens. If the boss makes him turn it off, he'll turn on his little radio and stay fixed to it.

While we are all wired differently, I'm curious as to what the reasons are for this...other than what is previously mentioned. Note, I'm not saying anything is wrong with this, I would just like to understand it more.

Your opinions, please? (Wait for the poll please)

Oh my goodness, I misspelled racket.

Last edited by a moderator:

terbear1225

i don't really have an answer for why, but I find I'm more able to concentrate on work if the radio/tv is on. otherwise I find other distractions (like somd) that can't be done at the same time as writing/grading papers.

W

Wenchy

I have to have the radio on when I'm driving.

Otherwise, I prefer peace and quiet.

LOVE

When I get home my tv is on from the time I get there until I leave for work in the morning. When I get to work I turn the radio and it stays on all day until I leave. I don't know why but I have always been this way.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I watch TV and listen to radio for very few reasons and very seldom (except for sports). Music is another story, though. I needs my music...

lam2

tickled~pink
My TV usually is on but many times I mute it. I like to be able to look if I pass by and see whats going on. But If I'm trying to concentrate I need peace and quiet.

H

HouseCat

Yes. Silenece freaks me out too much.
Ah! But why? I'm curious.

I do love listening to my music as well...gotta have that...but not all the time. If I have to study or concentrate on something I'm required to retain or compose, I can't have any distractions. I don't know why...irritates me. Brain has a spark plug that's mis-firing somewhere i guess. hehe
I envy you ppl who can do that.

SamSpade

I always did when I lived on my own. It erased the reality that I was really by myself in the house. Over time I got used to having it on, but initially it was so I didn't feel all alone.

Oddly enough, now that the house ISN'T empty, quiet is kind of nice, if rare.

Cowgirl

I usually have the radio on in the car, but I also enjoy having the quiet now and then. I can be without the tv. :shrug:

H

HouseCat

I always did when I lived on my own. It erased the reality that I was really by myself in the house. Over time I got used to having it on, but initially it was so I didn't feel all alone.

Oddly enough, now that the house ISN'T empty, quiet is kind of nice, if rare.
Interesting. I can understand that reason.

H

HouseCat

I usually have the radio on in the car, but I also enjoy having the quiet now and then. I can be without the tv. :shrug:
Ya, me too. I really hate it when the TV is on, and no one is watching it for quite a while...but the moment I turn it off, I get: "Why did you turn the TV off?!!"
Uh..cause nobody was watching it and its wasting electricity?

We have some funny conversations over that here.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Sometimes I put the radio on in the car with the sole purpose of listening to either traffic or weather, but I might do it on six or seven minutes rather than eight. And since I seem to auto-tune out commercials, a lot of times I end up tuning out the traffic and weather which comes right after, too. They all seem to have similar voices. :lol:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I have to have TV on. I stay home all the time and having TV on helps me feel that someone is in the house with me instead of feeling like I'm staying home alone by myself. I can't put the TV on mute because it makes the closed captioned go away, but I can lower the volumes all the way down to zero. I can't hear, so I don't need sound.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I get enough racket at work so at home, I usually have the TV or music on very low or just complete silence if I'm overloaded. Like today. :smile:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I have to have the tv on when I sleep. It is sort of like white noise because I'm such a light sleeper, anything wakes me up. When I try to sleep without the tv on, water dripping in another room can keep me awake. My alarm clock is my cell phone, set on vibrate, that's how easily I wake up. I don't mind silence when I'm awake and moving around, but sleeping, I definitely need a constant bit of soft noise in order to actually sleep. :crazy: