Are you ready for some football!

BuddyLee

Football addict
FireBrand said:
U R So Right......
yet...
The RAVENS Rule !!!!!!
Indeed, just barely.

Just wait until your team plays a REAL team. So far the combined record for the teams you have played are 0-8. I think next week you can start measuring.:yay:

week 4 San Diego
week 5 Denver
week 6 Carolina

week 9 Cincinnati (Be sure to watch this one:biggrin:)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I dunno about dat...

kom526 said:
All you cab drink koolaid available @ FedEx Field AND Redskins Park this week!

...confidence is a funny thing in the NFL.

Yes it was the Texans but we did clean their clock which we should have IF we're a good team...which we have not been so far...and we were all scared that they'd have a tough time...and they didn't...so...

I mean, Minnesota is proving to be a good bit better than a rebuilding team. They've played three straight 2005 playoff teams and went 2-1 taking perhaps the best of the three so far this year, a strong Bears club, to the wire. We played poorly against Minny and were in the game until the end so that doesn't look as bad in hindsight.

So...no doubt the Jags are for real but, well, We're alive. It's gonna be tough to dink and dunk like we did against the Texans on a better team like the Jags.

BTW; Super game Mark Brunell.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
...confidence is a funny thing in the NFL.

Yes it was the Texans but we did clean their clock which we should have IF we're a good team...which we have not been so far...and we were all scared that they'd have a tough time...and they didn't...so...

I mean, Minnesota is proving to be a good bit better than a rebuilding team. They've played three straight 2005 playoff teams and went 2-1 taking perhaps the best of the three so far this year, a strong Bears club, to the wire. We played poorly against Minny and were in the game until the end so that doesn't look as bad in hindsight.

So...no doubt the Jags are for real but, well, We're alive. It's gonna be tough to dink and dunk like we did against the Texans on a better team like the Jags.

BTW; Super game Mark Brunell.

I think this game, if anything, is a perfect example of how the Redskins should play (minus the penalties). Start with the Joe Gibbs running game and keep Brunell to the short quick passes. Wear down he opponents defense and make the short yards over and over.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Bustem' Down said:
I think this game, if anything, is a perfect example of how the Redskins should play (minus the penalties). Start with the Joe Gibbs running game and keep Brunell to the short quick passes. Wear down he opponents defense and make the short yards over and over.

...but there's the kicker. This is what we've been trying to do all pre season and for the first three games and, frankly, last year as well. Better defenses have corners who come up and make the WR screens a three yard gain instead of 12. Better defenses take away the slants. Better defenses, while all those guys are up attacking screens and slants, stuff the run inside and take away the tosses and off tackle plays.

What that means is downfield stuff will be there BUT that takes any extra second or two which our line struggles to give and our QB isn't waiting for.

Mark played great with a dominant running game and very little pressure on pass plays. He has not made the same short throws, consistently, against Minny and Dallas when he was under pressure and not having success running.

FOX showed a nice clip of his absolute misses the first two games and we got away with one early that went right through the defenders hands and he almost threw one in the dirt, a 10 yard swing to his right, to Santana, low and away. So, a little luck and having great receivers is always nice to. That pass Patten pulled down is how WR's get on the IR.

Play well against a good team. Please.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone who has followed...

Ken King said:
Will someone please tell me what has happened to the real Larry Gude? :biggrin:

...my 'Pat Ramsey for QB' rants knows that I bust on Mark for what he messes up and give him his props when he dun good. Gotta maintain my credibility.