Arena Lights - Thanks everyone

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
River Rat, Busterduck, & Sparks where did you get your arena lights & how much do the lights run for each pole?

Also Busterduck how did you place your poles around your arena? A friend of mine is putting up a 100x200 arena & wants to make sure they have enough lighting. She doesn't want to have to much shadowing when they are trying to jump.

Man the non-horse people are going to hate all these lighted arena going up all over the Tri-County area. :whistle:

Sparks

River Rat, Busterduck, & Sparks where did you get your arena lights & how much do the lights run for each pole?

Also Busterduck how did you place your poles around your arena? A friend of mine is putting up a 100x200 arena & wants to make sure they have enough lighting. She doesn't want to have to much shadowing when they are trying to jump.

Man the non-horse people are going to hate all these lighted arena going up all over the Tri-County area. :whistle:

Mine are actually used. About 4 yrs old from a golf driving range no longer in business. They are 1500watt metal halide and river rat says they're going to give me sunburn :lmao:

We have 6 poles, 3 on each long side. I'm not exactly sure about the spacing. I wanted to put 50' between each pole but I don't think that's how it ended up. :whistle:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT

I don't have arena lights, I just helped Busterduck.

Her's is about the same size as the one you were asking about.

Shadowing should not be a problem as long as there is a light on each side of the arena, I would think it would wash the shadows out.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
The guy that owns HP says that he is not allowed to have even a candlelight cross over onto someone else's property. I found that interesting. I wonder if those are the rules for businesses or all properties?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
The guy that owns HP says that he is not allowed to have even a candlelight cross over onto someone else's property. I found that interesting. I wonder if those are the rules for businesses or all properties?

Sounds like a question for Planning & Zoning or at least they could get you pointed in the right direction.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Mine are actually used. About 4 yrs old from a golf driving range no longer in business. They are 1500watt metal halide and river rat says they're going to give me sunburn :lmao:

We have 6 poles, 3 on each long side. I'm not exactly sure about the spacing. I wanted to put 50' between each pole but I don't think that's how it ended up. :whistle:

I like your new avatar!!