Arenas (Gilber) And Guns In The Locker Room

DEEKAYPEE8569

Arenas (Gilbert) And Guns In The Locker Room

His punishment is STILL undecided? PROBATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICE?? REALLY???

If it was Joe Smith from St. Mary's; at the gym after work; 'ol Joe would be serving time already

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I agree with the judgement. He could do the public much more of a service with the community service than he would sitting in a jail cell.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If it was Joe Smith from St. Mary's; at the gym after work; 'ol Joe would be serving time already
Actually, the Judge said he's given out similar punishments for similar offenses.

Besides, Joe Smith from St. Mary's would fall under different laws than those of D.C.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's more than a lot of people get. Look at all the local thugs with tons of charges, yet walking the streets. Steveland anyone?
Plus it's not like he's a thug willing to commit a second offense. Guns weren't even loaded.

That doesn't take away from the offense but it matters in the judgement given.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm sorry, what was his offense?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I can see him being in trouble with his boss if his boss has a policy on his property to not allow his people to keep and bear. However, that's none of our business.

So, what did he do wrong? :popcorn:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'm sorry, what was his offense?

I can see him being in trouble with his boss if his boss has a policy on his property to not allow his people to keep and bear. However, that's none of our business.

So, what did he do wrong? :popcorn:

If he was just keeping and bearing I would agree. Didn't he brandish/point the gun?

Edit: now that I read the story, I still think that he was wrong. He used the gun to intimidate someone. That is not a 2nd amendment right.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Plus it's not like he's a thug willing to commit a second offense. Guns weren't even loaded.

That doesn't take away from the offense but it matters in the judgement given.
This WAS his 2nd gun related charge.

MMDad

Lem Putt

Any idea how this compares to the sentence a non-famous person would get?

He shouldn't get any more or less punishment than anyone else for that crime. The courts have been way too lenient, so just because it seems like he got away with it, it may be the normal sentence. Especially with a plea bargain.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If he was just keeping and bearing I would agree. Didn't he brandish/point the gun?

Edit: now that I read the story, I still think that he was wrong. He used the gun to intimidate someone. That is not a 2nd amendment right.

It was over a card game!!! How much more American does it get, huh???

:lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:bs:

Black people shouldn't be allowed to own guns, it promotes the concept that the individual is responsible for their own safety. That's why all the large centers of black population have strict prohibitions against people being allowed to defend themselves.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Which was a misdemeanor.

Complicating Arenas' legal problems is his 2003 arrest on gun charges in California. He was pulled over in San Mateo County after failing to signal a turn. Police found a .40-caliber weapon in the back seat of Arenas' car and ammunition in the glove box. He later pleaded no contest to misdemeanor weapons charges.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Grand-jury-mulling-gun-charges-against-Wizards_-Gilbert-8718511-80662317.html#ixzz0jOieaSKp
:bigwhoop:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

I did a college research paper on the history of gun control and I was surprised at exactly how racially motivated the laws are. From the first "black can't carry a gun unless he's totin' it for his masser" in colonial VA to the current laws in our large cities.
They're all about ensuring people are dependent on the state (or slave owner) for their safety.

... but then you have some idiot bring guns to a locker room and you have to wonder if they're right :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I did a college research paper on the history of gun control and I was surprised at exactly how racially motivated the laws are. From the first "black can't carry a gun unless he's totin' it for his masser" in colonial VA to the current laws in our large cities.
They're all about ensuring people are dependent on the state (or slave owner) for their safety.

... but then you have some idiot bring guns to a locker room and you have to wonder if they're right :lol:

Surprised, really? Look at where guns laws are most stringent; cities. Large black populations. Whites, blacks, they both want to keep blacks unarmed.

Why is public abortion so heavily promoted?

It is illustrative of just how bad the right has been in telling the story of conservatism that black folks so flock to a party that overtly considers them second class citizens.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Surprised, really? Look at where guns laws are most stringent; cities. Large black populations. Whites, blacks, they both want to keep blacks unarmed.
Really. :lol:
I've never been a black man and I've never lived in a city for any length of time. As a white boy growing up in VA with an open carry law, being dependent on the state for protection of my person and property was a concept I never considered.