Argh, Some people!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by yakky doodle
When I was preggers, the grocery store I went to was so nice; they had special parking spots for expectant moms :biggrin: Man, was that a lifesaver toward the end! :frown:

Food Lion in Solomons has those spots. Pretty nifty idea!

SmallTown

Football season!
Q - What is the greatest problem in America, ignorance or apathy?

A - I don't know, and I don't care.

It is this kind of mentality why idiots feel they need to park in front of the door, instead of between the white parking space lines that someone was nice enough to paint for us.
There are no signs in front of the store that says "Short term parking here" (if there is a sign, then go ahead!)

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by yakky doodle
you know what grinds my azz lately ... all these so-called 'handi-capped' people who have the little placards on their mirrors or license plates who park in their special spots. I see them drive up in a corvette, run into the store, zip around like they're J.Lo on a press junket, and run right back out (I mean 'run' literally). WTF is up with that? :burning: Save the spots for those who need 'em. I think these people are using a relative's handicap 'perk's for their own benefit.

I must say I was part of this once a LONG time ago, when I was like in 7th or 8th grade. We went down to charlotte to watch the hornets play the celtics in an NBA game. The guy that brought us down there was doing everything he could to make us happy, and when we decided to go to a sports bar before the game, the parking lot was completely full. except for this one handicapped spot by the door. He pulls in, grabs and handicap sticker from his glovebox, puts it on his rearview mirror and we go inside. Even as a kid, I felt bad about it, but now that my dad is one that NEEDS these spaces, it upsets me even more to think about the incident, and I get REALLY burned when I see it happening.

yakky doodle

well, you weren't driving, so i'll let you slide this time ... :wink:

but when I see that, I get great joy out of thinking about going over and kicking in their legs to make them need the damn spot! :mad:

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by alex
My two pet peeves on parking are people who use the handicapped spots without proper plates or hangtags. The other are people who can't park in one spot but need two!

Amen to that. I work down in Lexinton Park, right next to a nail shop. Now no offense to anyone here who gets there nails done, but .......who do these nail wenches think they are? They will use the HC parking or take 2 spots, when there are few spaces to begin with. Then they are in the store getting their silly sparkly nails done for like 3 hours while their 5 children run rampant in the parking lot and adjacent stores.

You ever notice, the majority of the time, the people who take up two spaces have crappy little cars anyways?

yakky doodle

Originally posted by Betty_Elms
Amen to that. I work down in Lexinton Park, right next to a nail shop. Now no offense to anyone here who gets there nails done, but .......who do these nail wenches think they are? They will use the HC parking or take 2 spots, when there are few spaces to begin with. Then they are in the store getting their silly sparkly nails done for like 3 hours while their 5 children run rampant in the parking lot and adjacent stores.

You ever notice, the majority of the time, the people who take up two spaces have crappy little cars anyways?
Okay, I get mine done from time to time, and I think I was in the place you are talking about once. Tater and I were watching this little boy -- maybe 5 -- outside eating his McDs or BK, walking around, etc. for about 15 minutes and no sign of his parentage. Well, low and behold, she was in there getting her daggers done too. I wish I'd have called the cops. That area didn't seem too "beaver-cleaver-ish" if you catch my drift. :bubble:

B

Betty_Elms

Nope, not a cleaver-ish area. These women in particular I'm talking about don't care anyways. Their child could be kidnapped, and they still wouldn't believe they are at fault. They would blame it on the shopping center for not having parking lot security. Hmmmm....oh, maybe if we had security these women couldn't park wrongly to begin with!:razz2:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
They don't need parking lot security... what they need is a "leash law"

:rolleyes:

willie

I see them drive up in a corvette,
:confused: :confused: 95% are minivans and the rest are 4 door Camry's. NO Vettes.

All of them driven by overweight women:biggrin: too lazy to push their shopping cart back to the cart return area.:nono:

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
When I first moved to Maine I made the mistake of buying a condo. The assoc president was this woman who lived 2 doors down from me. What a nag, for 2 years, she would complain and accuse me of everything. As an example, one day she went out to throw away her trash at the dumpster while I was washing my car. She saw someone had left 2 tires next to the dumpster, a terrible NO NO. She made a beeline for me. She barged up and demanded, "Are those your tires?" I slowly looked over and replied "Hold on" as I slowly walked around my car. "Nope, mine are all here." She got even more angry and stomped off.

:offtopic: Sorry, wanted to lay foundation.

Well that kinda started a little war..Her husband was handicapped, and they had the handicapped sticker. Well Broomhilda (as I took to calling her) began classes at the same college I was attending at night. She would boldly drive right up to the front, whip out the handicap sign and park. Not a thing wrong with her. So during a break I saw her over in a group of people showing off, the center of attention, so I boldly walked up and asked, why did you park in the H/C spot? She got all flustered, and told me to mind my own business. I asked again, she replied "I have a permit", to which I replied, "Yea for your husband, there's nothing wrong with you, thats BS." She got hot and stomped off again. She began parking out with the rest of us poor folks......for about 2 weeks...then one night when I got to class, I noticed her van parked in the H/C spot again. This time I called my buddy who is a SGT with the local PD. The ticket was $300, they didn't tow her car (rats) as she came screaming out before they could hook it up to the wrecker, but she never messed with me again, because I moved 2 months later.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by dpete2q
This time I called my buddy who is a SGT with the local PD. The ticket was $300, they didn't tow her car (rats) as she came screaming out before they could hook it up to the wrecker, but she never messed with me again, because I moved 2 months later.
Yea for you!
:cheers: