Armed Citizen Uses Rifle To Stop Attempted Mass Shooting

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Police say that 87-year old Lois Hicks was shot and killed in her apartment by 26-year old Zachary Arnold, who then continued to fire rounds from a rifle at other apartments in the complex on the city’s south side, targeting other residents.

That neighbor who “put an end to the shooting” apparently grabbed a rifle of his own and fatally shot Arnold, though police haven’t released many details of the incident. While we don’t yet know what motivated Arnold to kill his elderly neighbor, it’s clear that, as resident Amber Lane told local media, there could have been many more victims were it not for the quick response by the armed citizen.

Don’t expect the national media to give this story the same type of wall-to-wall coverage it gives to shooting incidents with higher body counts. The Washington Post and New York Times won’t be editorializing about the need for more armed citizens, like they regularly opine about the need for more gun control after high profile shooting incidents. Instead, this story will be quickly forgotten by the media. Heck, I can’t find any mention whatsoever of this attack in the local paper, though a couple of the Fort Smith television stations had coverage of the shooting over the weekend.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
While we don’t yet know what motivated Arnold to kill his elderly neighbor, it’s clear that, as resident Amber Lane told local media, there could have been many more victims were it not for the quick response by the armed citizen.

Don’t expect the national media to give this story the same type of wall-to-wall coverage it gives to shooting incidents with higher body counts. The Washington Post and New York Times won’t be editorializing about the need for more armed citizens, like they regularly opine about the need for more gun control after high profile shooting incidents. Instead, this story will be quickly forgotten by the media. Heck, I can’t find any mention whatsoever of this attack in the local paper, though a couple of the Fort Smith television stations had coverage of the shooting over the weekend.

It would violate the "Community Standards" of The Propaganda Ministry.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What is America coming to, when you can’t even do a mass shootjng without someone pulling out a rifle.

BOP

Police say that 87-year old Lois Hicks was shot and killed in her apartment by 26-year old Zachary Arnold, who then continued to fire rounds from a rifle at other apartments in the complex on the city’s south side, targeting other residents.

That neighbor who “put an end to the shooting” apparently grabbed a rifle of his own and fatally shot Arnold, though police haven’t released many details of the incident. While we don’t yet know what motivated Arnold to kill his elderly neighbor, it’s clear that, as resident Amber Lane told local media, there could have been many more victims were it not for the quick response by the armed citizen.

Well, at least we won't have to listen to "My BAY-bee! He was a good boy, thinkin' 'bout college an' shiite!" Okay, there's more than one reason we won't be subjected to that, so bonus, I guess.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prosecutor Says Man Who Killed Rampage Suspect Won't Face Charges

I’m not surprised in the slightest by the prosecutor’s decision. I’m just wondering why it took this long to officially announce it.

A Fort Smith man who stopped a shooting rampage in May by killing the gunman won’t face criminal charges, prosecutors said.
Sebastian County Prosecutor Dan Shue announced his decision Wednesday in a letter to Police Chief Danny Baker. Shue said after reviewing the investigative reports surrounding the shooting, his office concluded Wallace A. West, 58, was justified under Arkansas law in the fatal shooting of Zachary Brian Arnold, 26.
West shot Arnold after Arnold killed Lois Hicks, 87, in her home at Three Corners Apartments at 3600 S. 74th St., according to police.
“Mr. West acted lawfully when he shot Mr. Arnold and likely saved a number of lives in the process,” a Police Department news release states. “At last count, Mr. Arnold had fired 93 rounds from his semiautomatic rifle before Mr. West was able to stop him. There were no other fatalities or injuries, though a number of residents were home at the time of the assault.”

gemma_rae

Thumbs up if you remembered that "He needed killin'" is a valid defense in Arkansas.

I only wish Mr. Arnold could have been resuscitated so that he could have been killed twice.