Armed man enters crowded restaurant!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One thing's for sure, the cities and all their vaunted diversity would turn into chaos but real quick once the power was off and the food stopped coming in. I mean, think about it; what does, say NYC have in terms of endurance if the major arteries were cut to truck supply?

:buddies:

refereed to as 'The Golden Horde'

consuming everything in their path, driven by hunger or gang bangers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
oh lookie, Yet Another Progressive Straw Man MPD

what are they free with cereal or something ?

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Gang bangers will be fine. They already know how to survive and are staunch believers in the second amendment.

And you know this how? Many believe in the 2nd Amendment. It's the crazies that worry people. And gang bangers could be the same folks standing in Walmart line with you? Just need to push their right button, right? Because anyone around here not military are only wanna-be's an doubtful they would be the upstanding citizen if true national chaos would happen. If that is what you are referring to. Otherwise, most of us see them as "big mouths". Or are you referring to the already criminals kerry-combing our country side? Perhaps they are all the same?

I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but let's hope any of you gun-toting clowns have to stand before a judge, prosecutor and maybe a jury to explain your so-called self defense. Where you feel safe, others may very well feel threatened! Keep that in mind next time you all pack your loads! And ain't no licence going to matter if that weapon is expended in any way. Whether it was your finger, or Casper the ghost!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but let's hope any of you gun-toting clowns have to stand before a judge, prosecutor and maybe a jury to explain your so-called self defense. Where you feel safe, others may very well feel threatened! Keep that in mind next time you all pack your loads! And ain't no licence going to matter if that weapon is expended in any way. Whether it was your finger, or Casper the ghost!

You're vote is a FAR bigger threat to my liberty than any of my guns are to yours.

edinsomd

Where you feel safe, others may very well feel threatened! Keep that in mind next time you all pack your loads! And ain't no licence going to matter if that weapon is expended in any way. Whether it was your finger, or Casper the ghost!

Amazing.

fatratcat

Tonight, my wife and children decided to go to one of the local restaurants to dine out. The restaurant was extremely crowded and there was a bit of a wait to be seated. While in this crowded restaurant, I was equipped with a large folding knife and a semi automatic firearm, with 11 rounds of ammunition. None of the other patrons of the restaurant were alarmed or paranoid, nor were they probably aware of the situation. My loaded firearm, loaded magazine, and knife never spontaneously assaulted anyone, nor were any innocent people harmed or killed during the course of their meals.

Were the other patrons, to include my wife and children, put in harms way, placed in danger, lives threatened with an armed person in the restaurant, or were they safer?

Your opinions and comments are welcomed.

Just a few questions. Are you on any medication? Do you have any physical limitations? What would a psychologist say about your general mental health or ability to function in stressful situations? Tell me about your temper? Have you ever had any problems controlling your anger? Any criminal convictions? Since I don't know your ability to shoot or your command of the laws pertaining to the lawful use of deadly force, I'll reserve judgment. When is the last time you demonstrated any degree of proficiency with the weapon in front of a certified firearms instructor? Where does the use of a knife fall in the UoF continuum? Also, what is your plan to secure the weapon when you poop? Yes, that's actually a serious question. How are you insured in the event of an unintentional discharge injuring or killing a third party? Just ask a career cop...desk pops somehow happen. Also, I hope you didn't drink alcohol. Finally, if you do get into the John Wayne moment you seem to be looking for...how well are you trained in weapons retention? Finally, while you're playing shoot em up in the middle of a restaurant how are you identifed so responding cops don't shoot you? Just curious. I like to have the facts before endorsing such matters. After all, as your neighbor and fellow restaurant patron, I might be on your grand jury one day.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just a few questions. Are you on any medication? Do you have any physical limitations? What would a psychologist say about your general mental health or ability to function in stressful situations? Tell me about your temper? Have you ever had any problems controlling your anger? Any criminal convictions? Since I don't know your ability to shoot or your command of the laws pertaining to the lawful use of deadly force, I'll reserve judgment. When is the last time you demonstrated any degree of proficiency with the weapon in front of a certified firearms instructor? Where does the use of a knife fall in the UoF continuum? Also, what is your plan to secure the weapon when you poop? Yes, that's actually a serious question. How are you insured in the event of an unintentional discharge injuring or killing a third party? Just ask a career cop...desk pops somehow happen. Also, I hope you didn't drink alcohol. Finally, if you do get into the John Wayne moment you seem to be looking for...how well are you trained in weapons retention? Finally, while you're playing shoot em up in the middle of a restaurant how are you identifed so responding cops don't shoot you? Just curious. I like to have the facts before endorsing such matters. After all, as your neighbor and fellow restaurant patron, I might be on your grand jury one day.

Those are all valid points in this debate. How ever, none of them can matter IF we are a free nation, a nation of laws, of constitutional limited GOVERNMENT.

The constitution is not about asking those questions of we, the people and then having our government be arbiter of those questions including deciding sanctions and limitations. It is supposed to be we, the people, asking the questions and using the constitution to apply those limits and sanctions on the government.

As uncomfortable as it may be to know that folks are 'allowed' to keep and bear arms as a right and might not have much in the way of formal training, it is still a RIGHT.

I will tell you this, also; if folks who were concerned about guns focused on what you are saying, rational, reasoned qualifications aimed at improving public safety, I, and most pro gun folks, would be all for it. However, the simple fact of the matter is that anti gun folks are just that, anti gun, and I do NOT want them asking any of the questions, making any of the rules or creating any of the power to violate my right to keep and bear arms. Not only do we know it will NOT improve public safety, it WILL create one more layer, one more process, one more precedent on how to go about attacking other rights.

One other point; If I were dropping my kid off at Sandy Hook, I'd rather they have even the slim chance of some low skill dad who happened to be carrying that day than the chance those kids actually had in a 'gun free' zone.

Which brings me to yet one more point; if folks concerned with guns embraced the obvious, a good guy with a gun, someone trained and skilled as you are suggesting, and promoted that we need MORE folks like that, teachers, administrators, armed officers on duty at schools, malls, movie theaters, in addition to the clear benefit of having many good, 'qualified' and trained folks out 'there' the desire, the concern of people who are 'qualified' by their constitutional rights to keep and bear, may feel a whole lot less more concern and need to exercise those rights.

:buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
On this point of "unqualified" civilian shooters slaughtering bystanders in a gun battle with a bad guy. Last big shooting of bystanders in a gun battle, as I recall, was by, not Joe Smith, CCW holder, but by the NYPD.

Empire State Building Shooting Lawsuit: Wounded Bystander Chenin Duclos Sues NYPD

Nine bystanders, including 32-year-old Chenin Duclos, were hit by police bullets, ricochets and fragments when two officers fired at a man suspected of gunning down a former co-worker outside the Manhattan landmark.

Now, am I saying the officers were in the wrong? Nope, havent dug enough into the case to say. Anyone have instances of civilians hitting bystanders in gun battles? Me, I would get training for myself, same as I have sought out extra driving training. As a citizen, I feel it's incumbent upon me to have the most training I can reasonably get.

Citizen

I am not on any medication nor do I have any physical limitations. I have successfully passed psychological evaluations. I have never been diagnosed with temper or anger management problems. I have no criminal convictions. I last demonstrated my firearms proficiency before a certified firearms instructor in November 2012. As far as the UofF continum, the knife is a tool to use the least amount of force to stop a threat. I personally would use it as a last resort if needed. As far as pooping while carrying my firearm, it is always secured (also, I have control of my bodily functions and would wait until I was in a secured place or my home to use the restroom if necessary). I've been extensively trained in weapons retention and I don't recall ever stating my desire for a "John Wayne moment". My desire is to never have to use my firearm, but I am prepared if that need arises. I always have the proper credentials on me to be identified and permit the use of me carrying a concealed weapon.