Army Finally Defines 'Extremism' When It Comes to Screening Out 'Hate Group' Members

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
At least the new communication was complete enough to define “extremism.” It applies to an individual who advocates for any of the following:
  1. Hatred or intolerance on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
  2. Creating or engaging in discrimination based on race, color, sex (including gender identity), national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
  3. Use of force or violence or unlawful means to deprive individuals of their rights to achieve political/religious/discriminatory goals.
  4. Support for terrorist or criminal organizations or objectives.
  5. Overthrow of the U.S. Government by force, violence, or sedition.
  6. Subversion (i.e., violations of law, disobedience to lawful orders or regulations).
While potential recruits are asked to respond regarding any association with a “hate or extremist group,” the definition of extremism applies to an individual’s advocacy of particular beliefs. This dichotomy appears to imply that the Army is more concerned with personal views. It is also apparent how these descriptions can screen out those with a different political ideology than the current administration.

Has an applicant ever said that biological men cannot become women, that transwomen should not be allowed to compete in women’s sports, or that medical transition of children is a bad idea? Does an applicant believe that a child is better off being raised by a mother and father? Does he or she support the recent Supreme Court decision regarding Catholic foster care agencies? Look out for number one.

If a potential recruit is an immigration hawk who advocates for border security, uses the term “illegal immigrant,” and believes that the government should deport those here illegally, is that engaging in discrimination? Again, these are legitimate policy positions that the Left views as bigoted and xenophobic, which is problematic under point number two.

DaSDGuy

So supporting Burn Loot Murder in any way is extremism according to 1, 2, 3, and 6 directly. Possibly 4 and 5 too.

According to the new communication on extremism, BLM support disqualifies applicants for the US Army.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I miss the good old days. They didn't ask too many questions to determine compatibility to military service.

Hijinx

So supporting Burn Loot Murder in any way is extremism according to 1, 2, 3, and 6 directly. Possibly 4 and 5 too.

According to the new communication on extremism, BLM support disqualifies applicants for the US Army.

I am sure they will find a way around that one.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I really, really don't think we have to worry about any BLM supporters volunteering for the armed services. Really...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They're in there.
Yeah, I happened to think about that after I posted. My daughter's best friend was serving in the Army when obozo was elected. She actually told my daughter that she had voted for that POS. My daughter realized they weren't really that close after all. She went on to get partial disability for a sprained ankle or something insignificant...

SamSpade

Others beat me to it, but it sounds precisely like the extremist left.

For a threat of violent overthrow of the government, the Jan 6 incident sure looked lame - a few hundred people entered the Capitol - easily a third or more just walked in without a word - none of them were armed, and most of them wandered around, took pictures and acted like a bunch of high schools students on prank day. One person was killed - an unarmed protester shot through the head and whose killer will never be identified or charged - others died of other causes, all but one being protestors.

Contrast of course with six month's worth of burning cities, assaults and beatings of innocent people - one reporter had his front teeth smashed in - nearly 2 billion in property damage, hundreds hospitalized and dozens murdered - no, not succumbing to injuries but shot and killed -

And it is STILL ONGOING.

And these people do NOT pose a threat? People are leaving these cities - and it's white supremacist's fault?

Seriously - they were more credible when they blamed everything on Russia.