Asphalt company

Any recommendations for an asphalt company? We got a quote from one company that my husband found, but I'd like to get a few other quotes to see if we can do better; especially if someone here knows their reputation. Thanks!

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I just got mine paved about 3 weeks ago. Call Copenhaver Paving. They did a great job, were VERY quick to respond and get the job done, and the price was great. I know several people who have used Copenhaver and have been very happy with the results. Call real soon, though, the prices go up as gas prices rise and as they get busy.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Tinkerbell said:
I just got mine paved about 3 weeks ago. Call Copenhaver Paving. They did a great job, were VERY quick to respond and get the job done, and the price was great. I know several people who have used Copenhaver and have been very happy with the results. Call real soon, though, the prices go up as gas prices rise and as they get busy.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Do you have a telephone number? Where are they located?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Marini ... :boo: Never :boo: again! :boo:

I used them about 12 years ago. When the guy came to give me an estimate I was very precise in what I wanted done. On the day the workers came everything started off good but then they went off plan halfway through. They practically ran out of asphalt before they got to the end of the driveway so it was less than 2" thick in some places. Then they narrowed the driveway "plan" so they could finish. The guy who did the estimate was not on the working crew so forget about trying to tell them different. :rolleyes: We've sealed it every 3 years and had to patch the weak spots.

millertc

Wow. Glad you posted this Sharon. I will remove my recommendation. Do not want anyone else to have to deal with that. Thanks for the info.

ChattyCat

ChattyCat
Speedy70 said:
Any recommendations for an asphalt company? We got a quote from one company that my husband found, but I'd like to get a few other quotes to see if we can do better; especially if someone here knows their reputation. Thanks!
Copenhaver Rocks! 301-373-3430

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
millertc said:
Wow. Glad you posted this Sharon. I will remove my recommendation. Do not want anyone else to have to deal with that. Thanks for the info.

If you thought they did good work and you were really satisfied, don't remove your post because I had a less than happy experience with them.

OldHillcrestGuy

Speedy heard good things about A-Plus out of Hughesville, from one of my garage people. Also Tri-County, let me know who you picked, I'll need someone when the garage is done, to overlay my current asphalt and add a new section. :howdy:

greyhound

Speedy70 said:

Mom & Dad used JW Graner. We used...I think it was Hand?

Last edited:
Pete said:
How much? Copenhaver gave me a $5000 quote on my little driveway. :jameo:

Well, ours is a shared driveway, but we just got our little "parking" section done (about 50 x 25). It was just under half of your quote. We didn't go with Copenhaver.