Assault rifle

black dog

Free America
Really believe that? Try to get the military to except them instead of their M-16s, M4s and SCARs.

Yes I certainly believe that, most countries in the world still use bolt action rifles for certain rolls?
We still use bolt action rifles and have put back in service M14 rifles and newly manufactured semi auto M14 rifles to designated Marksman.
How many millions of SKS's do you think are sitting in Soviet Warehouses that easily could be put in service if needed?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yes I certainly believe that, most countries in the world still use bolt action rifles for certain rolls?
We still use bolt action rifles and have put back in service M14 rifles and newly manufactured semi auto M14 rifles to designated Marksman.
How many millions of SKS's do you think are sitting in Soviet Warehouses that easily could be put in service if needed?

Great. You go ahead and give their mantra credibility if you like, but if it isn’t full auto or explosive it’s not military as far as I’m concerned.

black dog

Free America
My M16... A1 had a fun switch. My AR does not.

It doesn’t have a 203 either.

There's nothing stopping you from putting a 203 on it..
I own a Colt SP1 that has a selector switch.. But to believe that it has to be a selective fire to be military is unfounded..A few years back most of our ground pounders were carrying a semi / 3 round burst M16.
We still carry semi autos and not so long ago almost all soldiers and Marines carried a Garand....

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
There's nothing stopping you from putting a 203 on it..
I own a Colt SP1 that has a selector switch.. But to believe that it has to be a selective fire to be military is unfounded..A few years back most of our ground pounders were carrying a semi / 3 round burst M16.
We still carry semi autos and not so long ago almost all soldiers and Marines carried a Garand....

Three round burst is one round more than enough to qualify it as an automatic weapon.

black dog

Free America
Three round burst is one round more than enough to qualify it as an automatic weapon.

As far as nfa yes it's a machinegun, but under the basic meaning of a machinegun / automatic weapon it ( depending on what rifle with 3 Rd burst ) it will stop firing after one to three rounds have been fired when the trigger is pulled and held back.
A automatic weapon when on full auto will continue to fire until out of ammunition when the trigger is held back.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Great. You go ahead and give their mantra credibility if you like, but if it isn’t full auto or explosive it’s not military as far as I’m concerned.

The core firearms (M16 and M4) for our troops don't have true fully automatic capability. The auto selection only shoots 3 round bursts. They also use the HK416 which is fully automatic. That doesn't even address my point, that the 2nd was intended to protect our right to by just as armed as the military. It gives us the means to have an equal footing in the event the military was used against the people to establish tyranny. Of course the reality is, this will never happen. People won't keep tanks, RPGs, granades, fighter jets loaded with sidewinders, etc... in their homes. The technology has far exceeded what the ordinary American could even afford, let alone laws that would allow it - unfortunately. So, we have to be as well armed as we possibly can. We cannot let these incidents let us lose sight of why our founders knew the people needed to be armed to the teeth.

officeguy

An 'assault weapon' is obviously a weapon that goes out and assaults people. Never encountered one.

Bottom line its anything painted black. You can have a wood stock Mini14 that takes 30 round detachable magazines and it is just a semiautomatic rifle, the moment the same rifle has a folding stock and a flash-hider and it is an 'assault weapon'.

nutz

selfshoot.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nails it. Sappy and Transgender need to watch this one.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/crowderCRTV/videos/10156028422281163/[/video]

edinsomd

The AR-15 platform is the most popular rifle in America, with some 20 million existent. Grabbers can howl all they want, but that ship has sailed.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I know. You constantly still see statements like "The AR-15 should be banned; nobody needs a machine gun".

All they need to do is go online and Google AR-15

What does “AR” in “AR-15″ stand for, and what are its origins?

“AR” doesn’t stand for assault rifle. It stands for the Armalite rifle, named after the company that developed the weapon.
- that's from a Washington Post Story.

The Colt AR-15 is a lightweight, 5.56×45mm, magazine-fed, gas-operated semi-automatic rifle. It was designed to be manufactured with the extensive use of aluminum alloys and synthetic materials. It is a semi-automatic version of the United States military M16 rifle. Colt's Manufacturing Company currently uses the AR-15 trademark for its line of semi-automatic AR-15 rifles that are marketed to civilian and law-enforcement customers.

officeguy

The AR-15 platform is the most popular rifle in America, with some 20 million existent. Grabbers can howl all they want, but that ship has sailed.

A couple of months ago some liberal friend of my wifes was ranting about the AR-15. I told her that its a really neat rifle and that she should come out to the range with me one of these days so she can experience it for herself. I wish I had a way to capture the look on her face until she managed to regain her train of thought. I don't think liberals have a concept of just how common these rifles are. In an attempt to appear open minded, she took me up on the offer, but somehow I haven't heard from her since. I guess in her mind I am now in the 'has potential to snap at any moment' category.