At least 138 people are dead in Sri Lanka.

Chris0nllyn

Thanks.

That number comes from a 2014 paper from the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Massachusettes.

They determined the number by estimating the number of Christians who died as martyrs between 2000-2010 (about 1 million) and divided it by 10 to get an annual estimate.
http://www.gordonconwell.edu/resources/documents/StatusOfGlobalMission.pdf

The trouble is that during that time frame about 90,000 died in the Congo civil war, as you stated. Meaning that about 10,000 are actually killed because of their faith since the end of the war in Congo.

Here's the paper with them explaining it.
http://www.gordonconwell.edu/resources/documents/csgc_Christian_martyrs.pdf

This_person

Yea, the right wing news outlets who like to complain about the trivial things the left gets upset about. That's where all this started and it's find of funny considering the most vocal members on here that decry the "dishonest media" are clearly being led by the nose andbeing told what to get upset about.

You agree that Obama and Clinton should just be out of the spotlight. They aren't in public office, so why should we care? Well, that is, until dailywire, Breitbart, and a host of other outlets say people should.
By saying the concern is trivial, you are literally trivializing the concern over speech and how it is used to control thoughts and actions of people downstream in time.

People are upset for the reasons stated by me and Yooper and others on here. You are literally trivializing their concerns, simply because you found a few times the same or similar things were used previously, in entirely different contexts.

You never answered - since you believe Obama and Clinton likely got this from a PR firm, telling them to speak it this (instead of the common terminology of "Christian") way, what do you think that PR firm's reasoning was?

"Who cares" about what you think is obvious - I care, because I am asking. You agree it is uncommon terminology likely given by an outside force - for what reason?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Why take the full statement into account when we can focus on 2 words?
My first draft was much longer, but I realized it wasn't worth it to post it.

So I'll just say that the focus on two words provides an anchor for the anger and frustration about the entirety of HRC's, The Lightbringer's, and other similar tweets. These two tweets are so insulting in so many ways (both explicitly and implicitly) that I am gob-smacked by the audacity of it all.

Edit (18:55, 24-Apr-19):
I just saw an opinion piece by Dennis Prager (link: "Why Obama and Clinton Tweeted About ‘Easter Worshippers,’ Not Christians"). I think it's worth adding the snipped portion to this post (as it captures what I was trying to state above)....

When Jews were murdered at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Clinton mentioned the synagogue in a tweet. But in her post-Sri Lanka tweet, despite the bombing of three churches filled with Christians, Clinton made no mention of church or churches.

In a tweet after the massacre of Muslims in New Zealand, she wrote that her heart broke for “the global Muslim community.” But in her latest tweet, not a word about Christians or the global Christian community.

Obama similarly wrote in his tweet about New Zealand that he was grieving with “the Muslim community” over the “horrible massacre in the Mosques.” But in his tweet about Sri Lanka, there is no mention of Christians or churches.

Clinton’s post-New Zealand tweet also included these words: “We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Islamophobia and racism in all its forms. White supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. Their murderous hatred must be stopped.”

She made sure to condemn “Islamophobia,” but she wrote not a word about the far more destructive and widespread hatred of Christians in the Muslim world, seen in Muslims’ virtual elimination of the Christian communities in the Middle East, the regular murder and kidnappings of Coptic Christians in Egypt, and the murder of Christians in Nigeria.

She calls on “leaders everywhere” to condemn “white supremacist terrorists,” one of the smallest hate groups on Earth, but never calls on leaders everywhere to condemn Islamist terrorists, the largest hate group on Earth.

In other words, HRC and The Lightbringer are servicing an agenda rather than standing in truth and fellowship with people they would have you believe are their spiritual bothers and sisters.

Yup, I know, not an issue you care about. So understood, it registers on you not at all.

As a result, posted for posterity; comment(s) welcome, but not expected.

Cheers!

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Yooper

By saying the concern is trivial, you are literally trivializing the concern over speech and how it is used to control thoughts and actions of people downstream in time.

People are upset for the reasons stated by me and Yooper and others on here. You are literally trivializing their concerns, simply because you found a few times the same or similar things were used previously, in entirely different contexts.

You never answered - since you believe Obama and Clinton likely got this from a PR firm, telling them to speak it this (instead of the common terminology of "Christian") way, what do you think that PR firm's reasoning was?

"Who cares" about what you think is obvious - I care, because I am asking. You agree it is uncommon terminology likely given by an outside force - for what reason?
Didn't see your post until after I posted mine. Glad I didn't post my initial draft; you already beat me to the punch on some of the things I wanted to say (and added more).

Great add. T/Y.

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“REPORTING” ON THE SRI LANKA JIHADIST MASSACRES

Imagine, by contrast, living in Norway, where the political left has a total lock on the mainstream news media, and the country’s five million people are forced to pay big time for their non-stop propaganda. TV and radio news are dominated by government-run NRK, to which the sheeple shell out $500 million per annum in compulsory license fees for the privilege of being brainwashed.

Then there’s the print press. In addition to scores of local papers, Norway has about a dozen national dailies, several of which receive generous taxpayer support – supposedly in order to ensure diversity of thought, even though they’re all left-wing. For example, Dagsavisen, a former Labor Party organ that’s now a gaunt rag consisting largely of far-left editorials and columns, sells only 20,000 copies a year while raking in $5 million in state subsidies.

One is constantly reminded that this is a country whose first-ever professor of journalism, Sigurd Allern – brought on board by the University of Oslo in 2002 – was the first chairman of the Workers’ Communist Party of Norway and longtime editor-in-chief of the Communist daily Klassekampen.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/273568/reporting-sri-lanka-jihadist-massacres-bruce-bawer

Yooper

Here are your Easter worshipers:

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
SRI LANKA BOMBINGS: A STORY OF ISIS AND WEALTHY TERRORISTS

ISIS claimed responsibility for the Easter bombings, a claim that initially was doubted. But links between the mass murderers and ISIS have now been confirmed. The Islamist network in Sri Lanka was more extensive than previously known:
Sri Lanka has been rocked by a series of massive “suicide bomb” blasts after a gunfight erupted between security forces and suspected militants involved in the deadly ISIS-linked Easter Sunday attacks.
The explosions came amid an intense firefight as security forces raided a suspected bomb factory in the coastal town of Sammanthurai, 200 miles from the capital Colombo.
According to local report, jihadi uniforms were found along with the death cult’s black flag.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archi...gs-a-story-of-isis-and-wealthy-terrorists.php

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why Hillary Clinton And Barack Obama Tweeted About 'Easter Worshippers'

Essentially, the left's rule is that nothing bad — no matter how true — may be said about Muslims or Islam and nothing good — no matter how true — may be said of Christians or Christianity.

Clinton's post-New Zealand tweet also included these words: "We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Islamophobia and racism in all its forms. White supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. Their murderous hatred must be stopped."

She made sure to condemn "Islamophobia," but she wrote not a word about the far more destructive and widespread hatred of Christians in the Muslim world, seen in Muslims' virtual elimination of the Christian communities in the Middle East, the regular murder and kidnappings of Coptic Christians in Egypt and the murder of Christians in Nigeria. She calls on "leaders everywhere" to condemn "white supremacist terrorists," one of the smallest hate groups on Earth, but never calls on leaders everywhere to condemn Islamist terrorists, the largest hate group on Earth

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46480/prager-why-hillary-clinton-and-barack-obama-dennis-prager

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ocasio-Cortez Called Out For Ignoring Sri Lanka Attacks, Says Criticism Is An Attack On Her Faith

Conway called out Ocasio-Cortez on CNN on Sunday after Ocasio-Cortez had been radio silent since the horrific Sri Lanka attacks took place. Ocasio-Cortez's continued silence over the attacks came despite the fact that many prominent figures in the media had been calling out the congresswoman for days over her silence after she rushed to politicize the New Zealand mosque attacks last month.

"On Easter I was away from tech visiting my grandmother in Puerto Rico, which continues to suffer from the White House’s incompetent disaster response," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "Are you trying to imply that I am less Christian? What was the point of you bringing this up on national TV?"

Conway quickly responded to Ocasio-Cortez's tweet, writing: "Hi Congresswoman @AOC. My best to your grandmother. My grandmothers are irreplaceable; miss them every day. Good that you now condemn Sri Lanka massacre. Some found it odd a prolific tweeter was silent. Following day you tweeted about your movie: [link to tweet]"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46505/ocasio-cortez-called-out-ignoring-sri-lanka-ryan-saavedra