Atlantic Broadband

SandieGarry

Depends on where you are, These 50 home are scattered onto maybe 200 plus acres with five to six different small roads off of Route 5 where the original cable would have been laid down in the 1980s. If your hundred homes are in a subdivision, that's a different story.

Makes sense

BernieP

Resident PIA
Depends on where you are, These 50 home are scattered onto maybe 200 plus acres with five to six different small roads off of Route 5 where the original cable would have been laid down in the 1980s. If your hundred homes are in a subdivision, that's a different story.
The newer the development in the area, just not your immediate neighborhood, the better chance the infrastructure is a more Y2K standard than 1880's standard. If anyone believes Atlantic Broadband is sinking state of the art, modern equipment, in this county, I have a some lefthanded elbow grease to sell you.

glhs837

Power with Control
The newer the development in the area, just not your immediate neighborhood, the better chance the infrastructure is a more Y2K standard than 1880's standard. If anyone believes Atlantic Broadband is sinking state of the art, modern equipment, in this county, I have a some lefthanded elbow grease to sell you.

Hey, I got a lifetime supply at birth....

DaSDGuy

Soooooo, lost ABB and Dishnet both last Wednesday with a lightning strike. All tvs/soundbars/blu-ray players/computers hooked up to ABB/Dishnet got fried too. Still waiting for Dishnet, but ABB sent guys out this morning and they changed everything from the line on the pole into the house. Back up with ABB internet in 6 days (500mb line) !!! Since I'm streaming stuff like Hulu basic, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and Paramount+ on Firestick 4K's, I'm back in the 21st century. About to call Dishnet and tell them to take a hike and upgrade to something like Hulu Live.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Soooooo, lost ABB and Dishnet both last Wednesday with a lightning strike. All tvs/soundbars/blu-ray players/computers hooked up to ABB/Dishnet got fried too. Still waiting for Dishnet, but ABB sent guys out this morning and they changed everything from the line on the pole into the house. Back up with ABB internet in 6 days (500mb line) !!! Since I'm streaming stuff like Hulu basic, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and Paramount+ on Firestick 4K's, I'm back in the 21st century. About to call Dishnet and tell them to take a hike and upgrade to something like Hulu Live.
Run your antenna cable(s) through a surge protector. Some have jacks for telephone, ethernet and cable. I lost all the equipment hooked up to any external line directly, but not computers since they were on WiFi and a surge protector. That ABB line going from the pole and across your yard is a great antenna at the depth it's sunk. Ever watch lightening travel across a lawn, following a buried phone line or cable? :)

wubbles

Run your antenna cable(s) through a surge protector. Some have jacks for telephone, ethernet and cable. I lost all the equipment hooked up to any external line directly, but not computers since they were on WiFi and a surge protector. That ABB line going from the pole and across your yard is a great antenna at the depth it's sunk. Ever watch lightening travel across a lawn, following a buried phone line or cable? :)
Words of wisdom. Surge protectors are cheap and should be used to protect expensive electronics. To expand on this, consider an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for your router/modem. It will make your life a lot easier for brief power outages as well. 5 minutes of power is all you really need at home. You won't lose internet for those brief outages or dirty power from SMECO and it will let you gracefully shutdown any PC you may have in the same room.

DaSDGuy

Tripp Lite surge protector will be here on Saturday. Will run the coax through that.