Atlantic Broadband

Nupe2

It looks like we're finally getting access to broadband service in area in Charlotte Hall. I asked one of the fiber line installers who would be providing the service and he said Atlantic.

I checked Yelp for reviews and they are overwhelmingly negative. Has anyone here used them as service providers? If so, what has your experience been with them?

We've been waiting a long time but we're not looking to acquire worse service than Verizon!

Thanks!

OccamsRazor

Pro Tip: The reviews you read were 100% accurate! Worst customer service, by far, of any consumer service I have EVER dealt with.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It looks like we're finally getting access to broadband service in area in Charlotte Hall. I asked one of the fiber line installers who would be providing the service and he said Atlantic.

I checked Yelp for reviews and they are overwhelmingly negative. Has anyone here used them as service providers? If so, what has your experience been with them?

We've been waiting a long time but we're not looking to acquire worse service than Verizon!

Thanks!
Hey stranger! :howdy:

OccamsRazor

Words to the wise if you have to use ABB:
  1. Get your own modem/router. The junk that ABB provides is just that. JUNK
  2. Expect random dropouts and service interruptions. It is VERY common.
  3. If you do need to call Customer Service, prepare for at least a 2 hour phone hold.
  4. Check to make sure you are getting the speeds you are paying for. I was getting 1/2 the download speed and had to threaten cancellation before they fixed it.
  5. If you run into a problem that you suspect is in the wiring, they will ALWAYS.. and I mean ALWAYS point to your house wiring first (so you have to pay for repairs). You will need to force them to check their wiring/equipment. 90% of the time, the fault is with THEIR equipment/wiring OUTSIDE the home.
  6. When the repairman visits, they are usually dolts. Their typical 'go-to' solution is to blame a connector on one of your house cables. They cut, crimp, and move on. DO NOT let them just get away with this crappy repair. Make sure they visually show you that the signal to your house is at maximum.

Nupe2

Words to the wise if you have to use ABB:
  1. Get your own modem/router. The junk that ABB provides is just that. JUNK
  2. Expect random dropouts and service interruptions. It is VERY common.
  3. If you do need to call Customer Service, prepare for at least a 2 hour phone hold.
  4. Check to make sure you are getting the speeds you are paying for. I was getting 1/2 the download speed and had to threaten cancellation before they fixed it.
  5. If you run into a problem that you suspect is in the wiring, they will ALWAYS.. and I mean ALWAYS point to your house wiring first (so you have to pay for repairs). You will need to force them to check their wiring/equipment. 90% of the time, the fault is with THEIR equipment/wiring OUTSIDE the home.
Wow. Your comments reflect what I read on Yelp. I'll let the neighbors know...and to act accordingly.

Thanks

Clem72

Nupe2

DaSDGuy

Since I had an addition put on the house the old cables were cut at the pole. When I ditched Verizon DSL (crap service) I had ABB install everything from the pole into the house to connect to the modem/router. I even used their equipment for 6 months to make sure they couldn't blame my stuff. Then I put in my own modem/router. I only have the 250mb download service but I keep getting 255-265mb download on my 5Ghz Wi-Fi. I agree with the unbelievably long wait time for service though. It took over 1.5 hours to get them to set my personal modem/router.
Q: Doesn't Charlotte Hall get Verizon Fios?

Nupe2

Since I had an addition put on the house the old cables were cut at the pole. When I ditched Verizon DSL (crap service) I had ABB install everything from the pole into the house to connect to the modem/router. I even used their equipment for 6 months to make sure they couldn't blame my stuff. Then I put in my own modem/router. I only have the 250mb download service but I keep getting 255-265mb download on my 5Ghz Wi-Fi. I agree with the unbelievably long wait time for service though. It took over 1.5 hours to get them to set my personal modem/router.
Q: Doesn't Charlotte Hall get Verizon Fios?

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the router upgrade is the way to go but I like your approach. Give it a shot and then upgrade if needed.

We don't have FIOS here. The story we were given for years is that we don't have enough houses on our road. My kids both have FIOS and it seems to work for them but they're in Howard and Montgomery Counties. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because after all of these years, it would be nice to get that high-speed connectivity. We shall see.

Grumpy

Hey Nupe,

Was wondering about you the other day, good to see you posting. All good here, think the last time I talked to you was right before Glenn Dale shut down.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I can't seem to find it, but didn't one of the counties (other than SM) just get a grant for improved networks?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
All good. Four Grandchildren, retired, missing travel but otherwise safe, healthy (for an old guy), and HAPPY! :)
Awesome!

I still have that rider mower in my shed. I think it finally gave up the ghost and now I have a lawn guy. :lol:

Nupe2

Awesome!

I still have that rider mower in my shed. I think it finally gave up the ghost and now I have a lawn guy. :lol:

Wow! That mower has to be over 20 years old! I have another one that keeps on ticking...and a lawn service! We're making progress...I Think! Whatever happened to "Rooster"? I think that was his name. He was the one who told me that you could drive up to a deer on a lawn tractor and they wouldn't move. He was right!