Fire Marshal Attempt to start charcoal grill with Gasoline results in serious burns

Information pertaining to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
With over 120 years of experience, their team of lawyers and experienced legal support professionals work to help you in a time of legal need.
11-12-22-burn-injury-callaway_original.jpg


NOTICE OF INVESTIGATION

Date: 11/12/22

Time: 1:48 p.m.

Location / Address: 45285 Take It Easy Ranch Road, Callaway, St. Mary's County, Maryland

Type of Incident: Burn Injury

Description of Structure / Property:

Owner / Occupants: Thomas Roth

Injuries or Deaths: Thomas Roth

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $ 0 Contents: $ 0

Smoke Alarm Status: N/A

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status: N/A

Arrests(s): None

Primary Responding Fire Department: Valley Le Volunteer Fire Department

# of Alarms: 1 # Of Firefighters: 5

Time to Control:

Discovered By: Neighbor

Area of Origin: Charcoal Grill

Preliminary Cause: Accidental

Additional Information: The victim had attempted to start the charcoal grill using gasoline, catching his clothing on fire. As a result of the fire, the victim suffered burns to both arms. He was flown to MedStar Washington Hospital Center for treatment of his injuries.
 

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've used kerosene when truly desperate, but never, ever have I resorted to using gasoline. :yikes:
 
Top