ATTN: Vapers at Medstar St. Mary's ER around 9:30pm last night...

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
If it was that bad, I would have brought it to the attention of someone who could have done something about it. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Today at the fairgrounds a guy came and sat right next to me and vaped, it was a square about the size of a cigarette pack with a mouth piece on it. Definitely smelled like pot and the cloud just lingered around him. My brother vapes and it was nothing even remotely similar and I had to move away it was so bad.

I'm curious what this really is. The whole idea behind vaping is to be able to simulate smoking without the smell or smoke. I'm wondering if it's not really some pot smoking device and they think they're being sly. Even when you go into a vape shop where people are huffing all over the place, there might be a very faint scent but it's not strong and it's not unpleasant.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's important to note that you can actually vaporize marijuana and the devices are indistinguishable from any other vaporizer.

I did not even know this was a thing until I just looked it up. There are like a thousand results for it.

Who knew.

And apparently it does have a fairly strong odor, although not as strong as really smoking pot.

So is this mystery solved or do we need to argue some more?

bulldog

My son visited this weekend and he both smokes regular cigarettes and vapes. We were outside yesterday, working on cars in the driveway. We were out there for several hours and during that time he did both. I'm not sure what the "flavor" of the vape he uses is, but it was strong and the cloud of smoke...or whatever we're calling it in this case was huge and it lingered much more so than when he was smoking cigs. Now, I don't much care for cigarette smoke, but I prefer it to whatever the vape smell was.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My son visited this weekend and he both smokes regular cigarettes and vapes. We were outside yesterday, working on cars in the driveway. We were out there for several hours and during that time he did both. I'm not sure what the "flavor" of the vape he uses is, but it was strong and the cloud of smoke...or whatever we're calling it in this case was huge and it lingered much more so than when he was smoking cigs. Now, I don't much care for cigarette smoke, but I prefer it to whatever the vape smell was.

Ask him what it was. I'm serious, I vape and I also smoke cigarettes sometimes and there is no comparison - the cigs are WAY more pervasive and offensive than the vape, which is pretty much nonexistent.

bulldog

Ask him what it was. I'm serious, I vape and I also smoke cigarettes sometimes and there is no comparison - the cigs are WAY more pervasive and offensive than the vape, which is pretty much nonexistent.

He's back home in VA now and works 3rd shift. I'll try to remember to call him this afternoon and ask the particulars.

I suppose there is a chance that terms are getting mixed up. When I say Vape I mean those square gizmos that are about the size of a large pack of gum. I have seen the e-cigarettes (son used to use those as well) such as Blu and agree that they don't produce nearly as much as the more typical Vape devices that I'm seeing now.

Interesting info here: http://gizmodo.com/5-facts-that-everyone-gets-wrong-about-vaping-1659938937

sockgirl77

He's back home in VA now and works 3rd shift. I'll try to remember to call him this afternoon and ask the particulars.

I suppose there is a chance that terms are getting mixed up. When I say Vape I mean those square gizmos that are about the size of a large pack of gum. I have seen the e-cigarettes (son used to use those as well) such as Blu and agree that they don't produce nearly as much as the more typical Vape devices that I'm seeing now.

Interesting info here: http://gizmodo.com/5-facts-that-everyone-gets-wrong-about-vaping-1659938937

You're not getting it mixed up. It's vaping. There are many different forms of vaping devices.

glhs837

Power with Control
Producing large clouds is actually part of the vape "scene". I can always spot them, would take three cig smokers in unison to make one of these "sick clouds". Can't testify as to any smell involved. I most commonly see these things coming out of the drivers side window of a car.

Google results for vape clouds

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vape+clouds

And image results for the same thing

https://www.google.com/search?q=vap...ved=0ahUKEwiB4K7HsbvMAhXCWSYKHdKKAx4Q_AUIBigB

Like stanced cars, it's the case of young people deciding that anything worth doing is worth overdoing........

sockgirl77

Producing large clouds is actually part of the vape "scene". I can always spot them, would take three cig smokers in unison to make one of these "sick clouds". Can't testify as to any smell involved. I most commonly see these things coming out of the drivers side window of a car.

Google results for vape clouds

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vape+clouds

And image results for the same thing

https://www.google.com/search?q=vap...ved=0ahUKEwiB4K7HsbvMAhXCWSYKHdKKAx4Q_AUIBigB

Like stanced cars, it's the case of young people deciding that anything worth doing is worth overdoing........

I call it douchebaggery.

glhs837

Power with Control
I call it douchebaggery.

Oh, it is..... friend of my son, non-smoker, picked up vaping after Army boot camp. Found a cartoon, shows 10 urinals, with one guy in the second to last one. Another guy comes in, chooses the one right next to the first guy, says "I vape", other guys says "I know"...........

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh, it is..... friend of my son, non-smoker, picked up vaping after Army boot camp. Found a cartoon, shows 10 urinals, with one guy in the second to last one. Another guy comes in, chooses the one right next to the first guy, says "I vape", other guys says "I know"...........

I don't get it. :confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's a guy thing. Since urinals are pretty exposed to each other, common etiquette is to always choose whichever urinal places you farther from any other guy who is using one. Choosing one closer than that makes you a bit of a dick at best. https://www.google.com/search?q=vape+clouds&biw=1625&bih=961&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiB4K7HsbvMAhXCWSYKHdKKAx4Q_AUIBigB Have any adult male take any of these tests, they should ace them. :)

I understand that. What does it have to do with vaping?

I call it douchebaggery.

It's an interesting phenomenon..... vape smoke occupies space normally occupied by oxygen. The more vape smoke, the less oxygen. People with diminished O2 levels tend to be less aware, less responsive. So when told they are being a douche, it doesn't really register. They vape more, and the cycle continues.

Good a theory as any!

I think it's a dumb thing to do. It serves no purpose whatsoever. It hasn't been fully studied and understood to the ramifications it may have healthwise. I was :sarcasm: above, but there is some truth to that. Why put something in your lungs which could interfere with lung function? Don't images of elderly with severe breathing disorders and O2 canisters make you think about what you do to yourself? The argument about bothering others around you becomes very moot.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If vape smoke clouds are so pleasant, then the vapors should take a toke of my trucks exhaust, particularly when I'm burning bio-diesel.
Smells like McDonald's French fries