Aubery trial

HemiHauler

Not surprised at the guilty verdict, however, how do you get convicted of four counts of felony murder for one murder?

It’s the way laws are constructed in Georgia.

If one commits a felony and that felony results in a death, you get a charge of felony murder. This case involved 5 felony charges: 2 counts aggravated assault, false imprisonment, conspiracy to commit false imprisonment, and malicious murder. Ergo 5 counts of felony murder.

Not gonna be a great thanksgiving for these turkeys.

PeoplesElbow

Maryland has felony murder btw. Not sure if you commit several felonies if you can be charged for it more than once though.

Hijinx

I can give my thoughts.
I believe Arbury was scoping the place out for a theft.
But it does not give anyone the right to murder him.
They should have observed and called the police.

They messed up and now they have their lifetime in prison to ponder that mistake.
He was innocent of any crime at the time he was killed. And that makes it murder.

PJay

If one commits a felony and that felony results in a death, you get a charge of felony murder. This case involved 5 felony charges: 2 counts aggravated assault, false imprisonment, conspiracy to commit false imprisonment, and malicious murder. Ergo 5 counts of felony murder.

Nor this guy and the people he hurt and killed

Nor this guy

WingsOfGold

Odd, why haven't you posted about this animal sub human pos???

HemiHauler

Odd, why haven't you posted about this animal sub human pos???

Looks like others have posted-so why would I need to?

Bare-ya-cuda

Oh look…now your a lawyer!

Is there anything you haven’t portrayed your self as in here?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

Whatever the three said. And what the neighbors said. And what past video evidence said.

They all said they didn't see him do anything except be in the area.

I mean, let's get real - I'm not going to stick up for this guy because he almost certainly was stealing from the houses or at least casing the neighborhood. His record indicates that's a strong probability. BUT! These three yahoos didn't see him do anything except be a black guy in their neighborhood.

We can't have halfwits running around chasing down people they suspect of doing crimes. With a gun no less. We just can't have that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I mean, let's get real - I'm not going to stick up for this guy because he almost certainly was stealing from the houses or at least casing the neighborhood. His record indicates that's a strong probability. BUT! These three yahoos didn't see him do anything except be a black guy in their neighborhood.

:yeahthat:

PJay

Armed members of the New Black Panthers are standing outside the Glynn County Courthouse as sentencing is heard for the three men convicted of killing Ahmaud Arbery.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Armed members of the New Black Panthers are standing outside the Glynn County Courthouse as sentencing is heard for the three men convicted of killing Ahmaud Arbery.

A clear case of intimidation. Shoot and kill them.