Autumn Baby Shower

Shericita

Is it all make believe?
I will hosting a baby shower in October and I was thinking about having it outside. I envision potted mums everywhere, bales of hay around a firepit, 'hearty' food, etc.

Is this tacky or distasteful? Any shower I've ever attended or even hosted in the past has been really girly...any thoughts, ideas or advice?

I will hosting a baby shower in October and I was thinking about having it outside. I envision potted mums everywhere, bales of hay around a firepit, 'hearty' food, etc.

Is this tacky or distasteful? Any shower I've ever attended or even hosted in the past has been really girly...any thoughts, ideas or advice?

If it were me I would love that!! every baby shower that I have been to has been boring and too girly!! The games were lame too!!

Comfort food would be a good choice for snacks as well!!

lovinmaryland

If it were me I would love that!! every baby shower that I have been to has been boring and too girly!! The games were lame too!!

Comfort food would be a good choice for snacks as well!!

I was in charge of the games at my cousins shower and the one that was the biggest hit was the poopy diaper game :yay:

You get 10 differnt types of candy bars and 10 diapers. Place one candy bar in each diaper (crush/smash it a little first) then microwave for 10-15 seconds and swirl around so it is a little hard to tell what kind of candy it is then wrap the diaper up liek you would a regular dirty diaper. Mark on the outside 1, 2, 3 etc... and put what each candy is on a sheet of paper. Pass around paper and pens to guest and then the 10 diapers. Tell them to open them, smell them, taste them, etc...

It is really funny to watch these women smell and taste stuff from diapers :lol:

I was in charge of the games at my cousins shower and the one that was the biggest hit was the poopy diaper game :yay:

You get 10 differnt types of candy bars and 10 diapers. Place one candy bar in each diaper (crush/smash it a little first) then microwave for 10-15 seconds and swirl around so it is a little hard to tell what kind of candy it is then wrap the diaper up liek you would a regular dirty diaper. Mark on the outside 1, 2, 3 etc... and put what each candy is on a sheet of paper. Pass around paper and pens to guest and then the 10 diapers. Tell them to open them, smell them, taste them, etc...

It is really funny to watch these women smell and taste stuff from diapers :lol:

we didn't have that one. we had bingo, find the safety pin in the rice, and word scramble.

GoodnessME

You can do the same with baby food. Remove the labels and let everyone taste and smell to their Heart's content. Number the jars and list the food on a piece of paper. They have to put the correct number by the correct name. Funny watching the expresions on their faces.

I think it would be great having it outside. Just have a back-up plan in case of rain!!!!! Get little pumpkins and let the guests decorate them!!!!!

You can do the same with baby food. Remove the labels and let everyone taste and smell to their Heart's content. Number the jars and list the food on a piece of paper. They have to put the correct number by the correct name. Funny watching the expresions on their faces.

I think it would be great having it outside. Just have a back-up plan in case of rain!!!!! Get little pumpkins and let the guests decorate them!!!!!

the pumpkins could be a game. what will the baby look like. using yarn for hair etc....

Oh! I've an idea for a game that I've never seen done before... :clap:

Using magic marker, decorate a bunch of eggs to look like comical baby faces... then blow out the eggs leaving just the fragile outter shell. Issue a "baby" to each attendee immediately as they arrive. Once placed in their hand, they are NOT ALLOWED to put it down at all during the entire shower this includes them taking off their coat, fixing a snack plate, eating, passing presents around, etc. Whomever has an unbroken baby by the end of the shower that HAD NOT PUT IT DOWN gets a prize...:clap:

lovinmaryland

Oh! I've an idea for a game that I've never seen done before... :clap:

Using magic marker, decorate a bunch of eggs to look like comical baby faces... then blow out the eggs leaving just the fragile outter shell. Issue a "baby" to each attendee immediately as they arrive. Once placed in their hand, they are NOT ALLOWED to put it down at all during the entire shower this includes them taking off their coat, fixing a snack plate, eating, passing presents around, etc. Whomever has an unbroken baby by the end of the shower that HAD NOT PUT IT DOWN gets a prize...:clap:

Love that idea :clap:

There is also a game where you buy those small pastic babies (the ones from the cake decorating aisle) and you freeze them in an ice cube tray. When the guest arrive and they each get a drink and who ever gives birth first wins :lol:

angelbaby

We played a game with clothes pins too. You give each person 5 of them. They are not allowed to say "baby". If they say it and anyone catches them they can steal one of their pins. The one with the most pins at the end of the shower wins. Do you know how hard it is to not say "baby" at a baby shower? :lol: Majority of guests give up before the shower is over. :lol:

GoodnessME

We played a game with clothes pins too. You give each person 5 of them. They are not allowed to say "baby". If they say it and anyone catches them they can steal one of their pins. The one with the most pins at the end of the shower wins. Do you know how hard it is to not say "baby" at a baby shower? :lol: Majority of guests give up before the shower is over. :lol:

We used "beads" instead of clothes pins. Also, get a baby pic of the Mom and Dad. Make copies and Glue it to card stock. Cut it into puzzle pieces. Put both in a zippy bag =1st to get the pics right WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Do I know you:confused:
You know I'm not such a girly girl and fall is my most FAVORITE time of the year.

I wish! I am starting to get uncomfortable now :bawl:

You and me both. I think my due date is off....