Autumn Baby Shower

Shericita

Is it all make believe?
Do I know you:confused:
You know I'm not such a girly girl and fall is my most FAVORITE time of the year.

You and me both. I think my due date is off....
I love fall too...the colors, the smells, the temperature, pumpkins, hayrides...ahh!!! only two months away!!

ShoeQueen77

I will hosting a baby shower in October and I was thinking about having it outside. I envision potted mums everywhere, bales of hay around a firepit, 'hearty' food, etc.

Is this tacky or distasteful? Any shower I've ever attended or even hosted in the past has been really girly...any thoughts, ideas or advice?

For a decor idea, I envision some of those clear glass vases from the dollar store with some dry corn kernels in the bottoms. You could put some sprigs of autumn flowers in them. And no, I don't think it would be tacky at all. People enjoy a change of pace at otherwise boring showers.

Oh yeah... when we did K_Jo's shower we also had a vaginal birthing tape playing on the 60" HDTV with surround sound! We watched it and gave her pointers as we snacked on the finger foods. It was a big hit! :clap:

sockgirl77

Oh yeah... when we did K_Jo's shower we also had a vaginal birthing tape playing on the 60" HDTV with surround sound! We watched it and gave her pointers as we snacked on the finger foods. It was a big hit! :clap:

Remember the name of the drink that C was drinking last time I saw you? The one that I really can't type in here. Wet (insert the word here). You can serve those while watching. :clap:

I will hosting a baby shower in October and I was thinking about having it outside. I envision potted mums everywhere, bales of hay around a firepit, 'hearty' food, etc.

Is this tacky or distasteful? Any shower I've ever attended or even hosted in the past has been really girly...any thoughts, ideas or advice?

Wow, that sounds awesome! You could cover bales of hay with either blue or pink (or whatever your theme would be) fabric for seating. Mmmm, how about making s'mores with your firepit :yum:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Not tacky at all but I think it would depend on whether or not the mom-to-be is the outdoor-sy type. Some aren't so I'm just saying. If so, I'll bet she will love it!!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I love fall too...the colors, the smells, the temperature, pumpkins, hayrides...ahh!!! only two months away!!

Football, big socks, crisp air, no air conditioning, not heat, fallen leaves......
:high5:
The spice cookies :yum:

Candy corn :clap:
:eyebrow: None for you! :nono:

:roflmao:

Sounds like a good time! I made my son watch one a few months ago.... I don't think he slept that night, just laid there with his eyes open....