Awesome I can Quit Shopping Target .........

E

EmptyTimCup

:yahoo:

Target can sell Queer Tee Shirts, and I can shop somewhere else ........ Like the Dixie Chicks running their mouths in London, I don't have to purchase their CD's [I do get to laugh my ass off when the band tanks] :whistle:

Target Selling Pride Shirts to Help Pro-Gay Marriage Group — and Reportedly Blocking Emails From Those Complaining

Target Corp. is selling gay pride T-shirts to raise money for a group working to defeat a same-sex marriage ban in Minnesota — and is reportedly blocking emails from one group complaining about it.

The Minneapolis-based retailer — which came under fire two years ago for a $150,000 campaign donation in support of a gay marriage opponent — is currently selling special shirts with all proceeds benefiting the Family Equality Council.

In response, the American Family Association mobilized its supporters to urge Target to pull the shirts, but has since said the corporation is blocking emails sent through the organization’s internal system.

“I hope you will not let Target silence your voice. I encourage you to call their corporate office and share your personal thoughts,” the group told supporters.

bcp

In My Opinion
I too will never step foot in a target again.
If they think the homo crowd can support them. Great for them. Moral citizens are obviously not needed for their bottom line.

bcp

In My Opinion
The way I see it is that Target caved to a boycott that was started because they gave money to a Minnesota? candidate that was against gay marriage,
There are more moral people in this country than there are homos, I would assume that a boycott from the moral would really send a signal.

Hmm, do they go for the 2% or do they go for the 98%,, hard business choice for sure.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

bcp said:
The way I see it is that Target caved to a boycott that was started because they gave money to a Minnesota? candidate that was against gay marriage,
There are more moral people in this country than there are homos, I would assume that a boycott from the moral would really send a signal.

Hmm, do they go for the 2% or do they go for the 98%,, hard business choice for sure.

I am sure the target is going to be crushed when all you homophobes stop shopping there. :bigwhoop:

It's funny When bigots try to clam the Moral high ground. :killingme

Tomcat

Anytime
They can contribute money for this, but won't let the Marines collect "Toys for Tots" in front of their stores? Or Girl Scouts sell cookies? Or Salvation Army ring their bells?

SamSpade

Not really.

I don't agree with them, but for many people, their religion teaches that it is immoral - so your statement doesn't make sense. They are claiming the moral high ground. Their understanding of what is moral differs from yours.

When Jews or Muslims don't eat pork or Mormons don't drink coffee because they believe it is wrong, I think it is weird, but I don't judge them on it.

Because THAT would be bigotry.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

I am sure the target is going to be crushed when all you homophobes stop shopping there. :bigwhoop:

Almost as funny when bigots dont see their won bigotry.

and if all the moral people stopped shopping Target, they would have no choice but to close. Even a 25% drop in the moral shoppers would bring them to their knees.

E

EmptyTimCup

I am a bigot, because I don't agree with something I think is morally reprehensible ............

I am not suggesting Gays be rounded up and put in camps, I just do not support their lifestyle .....

love the sinner NOT the Sin ...... by not purchasing goods needed on a weekly basis from a store that supports Homo's I am not supporting a company that does, I can spend my money elsewhere ........

[although I understand alot of companies spend 10's of thousands internally on functions supporting rainbow people]

no one screams bigot when Afro Centric's suggest blacks spend their money in stores owned by blacks and not stores owned by whites ....

no one screams bigot when La Raza 'the RACE' shouts from the public square for Hispanics

imagine the hue and cry if there was a White Group calling themselves 'The RACE'

:lol:

:killingme

rubberbandheart

:yahoo:

Target can sell Queer Tee Shirts, and I can shop somewhere else ........ Like the Dixie Chicks running their mouths in London, I don't have to purchase their CD's [I do get to laugh my ass off when the band tanks] :whistle:

This does bring up a good point though. I think I shall devote large amounts of time to researching every business I shop at to make sure that their policies, donations, products and their work practices align 100% to my core beliefs.

Not.

Chik fil a hates gays. I don't care. Just give me my damn waffle fries.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This does bring up a good point though. I think I shall devote large amounts of time to researching every business I shop at to make sure that their policies, donations, products and their work practices align 100% to my core beliefs.

Not.

Chik fil a hates gays. I don't care. Just give me my damn waffle fries.

Why is it so unacceptable for some folks to have strict core beliefs and actually make life decisions based on those beliefs?

E

EmptyTimCup

No I don't spend hours doing research ......... when something likes this pops up on the radar I take note

like Natale Mains of the Dixie Chicks .... in the yr of all the hubub I went to 2 Toby Keith Concerts and purchased several of his CD's New and Older Music ..... Jingoistic Indeed :yahoo:

or James Cameron running his mouth about the environment, but has 3 Mansions and a carbon footprint bigger than 10 people w/his personal jet, puts out a movie like Avatar - Ooo look at the evil earthlings and the greedy corporation - I skip the festivities - and make a note not to see themin the theater or rent from nexflicks another movie by him

:evil: I download them from the internet :killingme

rubberbandheart

Why is it so unacceptable for some folks to have strict core beliefs and actually make life decisions based on those beliefs?

Because people hear something on the news and then run with it like it has suddenly impacted their lives in some profound way when really it's just something to complain about. If those people are really that concerned, then maybe they should make sure that all of their favorite stores check out. I mean, if they're REALLY that strict with their beliefs.

I was pointing out the absurdity of this kind of mind frame. Nobody does this. If a person did, I'd respect them immensely because that shows true commitment to their cause, even if it ran counter to mine. But in the end, my $2 boycott of Chik fil a really proves nothing. They don't care. Target won't miss you.

And btw, Target has also monetarily supported anti-gay politicians in the past... So maybe they're just balancing it out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If Target really wanted to do the world a favor, they'd stop selling stretch pants and booty shorts in XXL.