B-12 Deficiancy

J

jaybeeztoo

I am curious to learn more about this. What causes it and what are the side effects? I've looked on line but want some real experiences.

Jameo

What?!
I am curious to learn more about this. What causes it and what are the side effects? I've looked on line but want some real experiences.

:howdy:

Whatcha wanna know? Landed me in the hospital for 6 days back in July because of it!

morningbell

hmmmmmm

WHOA! I was JUST on my raw forum discussing this :lmao:

Anemia when I was first vegetarian I did it all wrong and that was first, low iron. I went raw but have vowed to eat fish and shrimp if I have any B12 issues because of this, so far so good.

J

jaybeeztoo

:howdy:

Whatcha wanna know? Landed me in the hospital for 6 days back in July because of it!

How did you feel?

Were you malnutritoned?

Did they blame it on alcohol?

What were you symptoms?

Did you feel depressed?

Did they put you on meds besides vitamins?

Did you get injections? If so, for how long?

Did the injections help?

What was your B-12 level when they found it low?

I have more but that's a start.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
How did you feel?
Tired and cranky

Were you malnutritoned?

Yes, I was living on rice with butter and soy sauce and drank lots of coffee

Did they blame it on alcohol? No

What were you symptoms? falling asleep in class, grades slipping, insomnia

Did you feel depressed? Yes

Did they put you on meds besides vitamins? No

Did you get injections? If so, for how long? No

Did the injections help? n/a

What was your B-12 level when they found it low?
can't remember, it was 17 years ago

punjabigyrl

My FIL has all b Vitamin deficiency. he is losing the mylin sheth on his nerves, so in turn losing sensation in his has and feet. he has to take B vitamin pills to slow the process down. Other symptoms he has from this is lack of coordination, balance, clumsiness, forgetfulness, confusion, depression, tremors, muscle weakness and/or pain, heart palpitations, gastrintestinal problems, inconsistence, loss of visin, loss of appetite to name a few...hope it helps.

Jameo

What?!
How did you feel? Like pure ####!!!

Were you malnutritoned? dehydrated

Did they blame it on alcohol? nope

What were you symptoms? see below

Did you feel depressed? see below

Did they put you on meds besides vitamins? B-12 bills and shots

Did you get injections? If so, for how long? see below

Did the injections help? see below

What was your B-12 level when they found it low? I don't remember but it was WAY low

I have more but that's a start.

When I started going down hill was when my mother diagnosis with stage 4 lung cancer, aunt was battling breast cancer, father had heart surgery SO....I blamed it on depression. Felt extremely run down, no energy, l couldn't get out of bed. Couldn't focus on anything for more then 2 seconds. I went to the docs for antidepressants. Doc took blood and sent it to the lab. Very next day, he called and told me to get to the ER and have my blood rechecked ASAP! My hemoglobin level was like at 4. Stoke level is 7. Normal level is like between 13-16 :yikes: I had to have a blood transfusion and IV fluids I was so dehydrated. After receiving 5 liters of blood, I felt like a brand new person!!!!! Test after test after test and more test, more blood, more blood test and 2 hematologist later. I have pernicious anemia. I'm currently on B12 pills (prescription) and monthly injections. I can tell when my B12 is low. I start feeling run down and it's not like sleeping no energy, it's kinda a different feeling. After getting my shot, like within a few hours I can tell the difference.

Some other symptoms I had were ulcers under my tongue back in like December and my feet started to tingle every now and then.

J

jaybeeztoo

When I started going down hill was when my mother diagnosis with stage 4 lung cancer, aunt was battling breast cancer, father had heart surgery SO....I blamed it on depression. Felt extremely run down, no energy, l couldn't get out of bed. Couldn't focus on anything for more then 2 seconds. I went to the docs for antidepressants. Doc took blood and sent it to the lab. Very next day, he called and told me to get to the ER and have my blood rechecked ASAP! My hemoglobin level was like at 4. Stoke level is 7. Normal level is like between 13-16 :yikes: I had to have a blood transfusion and IV fluids I was so dehydrated. After receiving 5 liters of blood, I felt like a brand new person!!!!! Test after test after test and more test, more blood, more blood test and 2 hematologist later. I have pernicious anemia. I'm currently on B12 pills (prescription) and monthly injections. I can tell when my B12 is low. I start feeling run down and it's not like sleeping no energy, it's kinda a different feeling. After getting my shot, like within a few hours I can tell the difference.

Some other symptoms I had were ulcers under my tongue back in like December and my feet started to tingle every now and then.

Did you feel tinglng sensations anywhere else, like your fingers or elbows?

Was your depression enough that it made you change your life?

Did it affect weight gain or loss?

Did you shake uncontrollably?

Did you sleep more than normal?

Did you shut your loved ones out?

Do you seek therapy?

Do you continue to get injections?

Again, I ask what your B-12 level was when first diagnosed.

What makes your B-12 go so low? Not YOUR, but in general.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
. I have pernicious anemia. I'm currently on B12 pills (prescription) and monthly injections. I can tell when my B12 is low. I start feeling run down and it's not like sleeping no energy, it's kinda a different feeling. After getting my shot, like within a few hours I can tell the difference.

Is treatment a life long thing or does it ever get better?

Jameo

What?!
Did you feel tinglng sensations anywhere else, like your fingers or elbows? My fingers started to tingle off and on just a few wks ago.

Was your depression enough that it made you change your life? After I had the blood transfusion, I didn't feel depressed any more

Did it affect weight gain or loss? I did lose a few lbs, nothing major

Did you shake uncontrollably? no shakes

Did you sleep more than normal? before being diagnosed I could sleep all day, that's all I wanted to do

Did you shut your loved ones out? before being diagnosed I pretty much shut everyone out. Depression is a symptom of a B12 deficiency

Do you seek therapy?before being diagnosed, I did talked with therapist

Do you continue to get injections? I get monthly B12 injections.

Again, I ask what your B-12 level was when first diagnosed. I don't remember what my level was exactly but like it was extremely low, along with my red/white blood cells, hemoglobin and hemasomethingelse

What makes your B-12 go so low? Not YOUR, but in general. Google pernicious anemia.

Jameo

What?!
Oh and all this damn B12 I take has my skin all jacked up too! :frown: :lmao: I got the to dermatologist this for that.