Baby, help!!

LittleFish

I have a new baby on the ground... Anyone have ANY idea what color he might be?

babyav1.png

devinej

that's what i was gonna ask - what's mama and daddy's colors? looks like ma is liver chestnut? baby colors don't count

I

Inkpen

The New Foal Look...What a darling!!!!
Confratulations!!!!!:buddies:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I would guess he is a BAY. More of a seal bay, nice blaze and 1 hind white sock? But Devine is right...baby colors are deceiving...except when the foal is sorrel...the red is obvious. Good Luck with your new one!

Cowgirl

Ok...I'm really not trying to be a biatch, but should you be breeding horses if you don't know what color bay is? :shrug:

LittleFish

Wow. First. Didn't breed him. Was to assume things. =]. Second. I know what color bay is, i've never has a bay foal on the ground. And seeing as he has white legs I wasn't sure he could be a bay. But thank you very much for being rude, I appreciate it.

--

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who doesn't like to be mean for absolutely no reason.

The dam is a Chestnut roan appaloosa and the sire is a charcoal-y black color. I actually did think bay at first but over the past week the gray on his legs has been creeping into the brown on his whole frame, that and the brown is more of a seal color.... So he is just a weird little baby. Lol

Last edited:

Cowgirl

Wow. First. Didn't breed him. Second. I certainly know what color bay is. But seeing as he has white legs I wasn't sure he could be a bay. But thank you very much for being rude, I appreciate it.

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who doesn't like to be mean for absolutely no reason. I actually did think bay but over the past week the gray on his legs has been creeping into the brown on his whole frame.... So he is just a weird little baby.

Well, if you had included that information in your first post, then maybe we would have understood more. This is what you said in your first post:

I have a new baby on the ground... Anyone have ANY idea what color he might be?
babyav1.png

Maybe if you'd said something like, "He looks bay, but his legs are getting lighter..." or something, then I would not have had the same reaction. :rolleyes: Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude, but when someone posts something like that, what do you expect?

LittleFish

Well I personally expect to not be growled at by someone. If you had an idea on the color feel free to share it. Otherwise I don't want to have to read someone basically calling me an idiot. But I am really not trying to get into an argument, thats stupid. Just trying to figure out if anyone knew what color he was.

M

Mousebaby

I'm no expert but, he sound like if he is creeping into a greyish/blue color on his legs he may be a roan also like mom. :shrug:

LittleFish

I was thinking he might turn into a black roan, blue roan, dark gray-ish something.... But he has a VERY noticable dorsale stripe... And his legs aren't white... he only has a partial pastern on one leg... the rest has black skin under it. =]. So I quit guessing and thought i would ask you guys. lol.

LittleFish

Wow. You were quick to edit THAT! Good job.

But, I saw it. And in case you didn't know.

Partial Pastern a
marking which extends from the coronet and surrounds a portion of the pastern. A Partial Pastern Marking does
not completely surround the pastern.