Baby, help!!

Cowgirl

Wow. You were quick to edit THAT! Good job.

But, I saw it. And in case you didn't know.

Partial Pastern a
marking which extends from the coronet and surrounds a portion of the pastern. A Partial Pastern Marking does
not completely surround the pastern.

That's not the only thing I as laughing at...but you know, I'm trying not to be rude and all...

LittleFish

Wow. Too late you have already been rude so why don't you just go ahead and inform me as to what is so funny now. Ma'am.

Cowgirl

Wow. Too late you have already been rude so why don't you just go ahead and inform me as to what is so funny now. Ma'am.

Don't worry about it. You gave VERY LITTLE information in your first post, so don't blame me for saying what I did. And, I did say I wasn't trying to be rude. Just chill out, it's really not that big of a deal. Good grief.

LittleFish

No, I suppose it isn't. It just really tweaks my nerves when people decide to be all high and mighty because they are sitting behind a computer somewhere instead of talking to someone face to face. It's just rude.

And had you asked for more information I would have GRACIOUSLY provided it, but you didn't.

Cowgirl

No, I suppose it isn't. It just really tweaks my nerves when people decide to be all high and mighty because they are sitting behind a computer somewhere instead of talking to someone face to face. It's just rude.

And had you asked for more information I would have GRACIOUSLY provided it, but you didn't.

Um, ok. I made the comment, and you provided more information. That's how it works. :yay: I'm not acting high and mighty, if I was, the post would have been rude. Besides, I'm sure I'm not the only one who had that thought, I'm just the only one who posted it. Good luck with your foal.

Cowgirl

Ok...I'm really not trying to be a biatch, but should you be breeding horses if you don't know what color bay is? :shrug:

Ok, what part of "really not trying to be a biatch" don't you understand? I'm really losing patience with this...this is a stupid argument. You originally posted, "Does anyone have ANY idea what color he might be." Tell me what that sounds like? You didn't say, "He looks bay, but will he change?" Nope, nothing. So, I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, but you should have included more info in your first post.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
How 'bout we agree to disagree? People love to argue and I doubt online arguments are ever REALLY resolved.

I asked what color the parents are, because regardless of foal coat colors that information will be a big help in determining what color the foal is. And, I didn't have to imply anyone was stupid. But, I can see how with over population and ill educated breeding some people can be quick to judge and quick on the offensive. So....

On to the baby...
To talk about strange colors and genetic business like sooty buckskins, grulla, chocolate, silver, etc. You need happy appy help. But, judging soley from the picture I'd say bay. Roan foals are born roan, they don't fade to roan like greys fade to gray. However, appy's can tend to change coats a bit as they age and shed. You never know what new spots an appy may get when he sheds to his summer coat.

Also, the mare (?) in the picture with the foal is not a roan, just in case that is momma.

Last edited: