Backing up to a Gooseneck

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
happyappygirl said:
i can see where the tailgait could hit it....i wouldn't like that.

Hi Happy, Ming and Paso are right on...Pick a center goove in the bed and use that as your guide...if you get confused, you can use a white grease pencil to mark the groove you want to use. I have a crew cab dually, and I can't see the ball when hooking up, so I look at the end of the tailgate and I know that when I come within a couple inches of the trailer that I am right on. So just pick a reference point and run with it! Good Luck! :howdy:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I saw a small camera set up that look neat, thought about getting it for hooking up to my boat. Tiny screen mounts on your visor, for 5th wheel you could put the camera in the rear window. Watch as you back up and see right where everything is at. The one I saw was only $100, and it was a wireless setup :yay:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:howdy: Happy! I have a sliding back window and use that as my reference point. You just need to figure out what you want to use and then go from there. In no time you'll have it down. Good luck!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Happy once you get the hang of it. It's fairly easy. I can hook mine up and have Fat Pony on in 15mins... Very rarely will the tailgate hit the trailer..If you have a long bed you should be ok unless maybe you have propane tanks that may make it tight. My new truck has short bed and my trailer was to close for comfort. I would back up to clear the tailgate, get out shut it then hook up. I had to get an extender for the trailer and now I have about a foot or so left with tail gate down. Enough room for my fat arse to get behind it...Just get out there and do it...when RC isn't around to pick on ya :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
Happy once you get the hang of it. It's fairly easy. I can hook mine up and have Fat Pony on in 15mins... Very rarely will the tailgate hit the trailer..If you have a long bed you should be ok unless maybe you have propane tanks that may make it tight. My new truck has short bed and my trailer was to close for comfort. I would back up to clear the tailgate, get out shut it then hook up. I had to get an extender for the trailer and now I have about a foot or so left with tail gate down. Enough room for my fat arse to get behind it...Just get out there and do it...when RC isn't around to pick on ya :lmao:
yeah so he can't see me hit the trailer :lol:

mingiz

Horse Poor
You can see the tailgate down ??Can't ya... :coffee: Your not that short... :lmao: Ok Be safe take tail gate off truck.... :coffee:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
nope...can't even see the tail gait. i can tell when i'm close though, RC gets this weird look on his face and throws his hands up and I see him yelling at me. i can't hear him, i keep the truck windows closed when i'm backing up now, :lol:

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl said:
nope...can't even see the tail gait. i can tell when i'm close though, RC gets this weird look on his face and throws his hands up and I see him yelling at me. i can't hear him, i keep the truck windows closed when i'm backing up now, :lol:

Get a back up sensor.... :lmao: A wide angle lens attach to your trailer right at the top of the coupler would do it for ya.... :popcorn: