Backup on the Thomas Johnson Bridge

Agee

I hate you.

Been singing this all weekend.....

Elvira, my heart's on fire, Elvira new obnoxious earworm! :peace:

speaking of bridge back-ups and the cluster-F*(* that is the rt 235, rt 4 merge. many months ago a certain county commissioner was interviewed about his proposal for a "quick fix" merge modification to ease the congestion issue. Stated it would not eliminate the issue, but should help it? The plan was to widen and extend the merge lanes, its still not done. Drive by everyday and seen complete inactivity for long spans and there appears to be a different contractor on the job.

:shrug:

Vince

speaking of bridge back-ups and the cluster-F*(* that is the rt 235, rt 4 merge. many months ago a certain county commissioner was interviewed about his proposal for a "quick fix" merge modification to ease the congestion issue. Stated it would not eliminate the issue, but should help it? The plan was to widen and extend the merge lanes, its still not done. Drive by everyday and seen complete inactivity for long spans and there appears to be a different contractor on the job.

They started on it two years ago and accomplished a whole lotta nothing.

bilbur

I talked with some people that know a thing or two and they tell me it is a personnel problem. In most cases they have the skilled person to do a particular job but they are running short on the required 3 people that are there to stand around and watch that skilled person do his job. In other departments they have the 3 people to stand around but no skilled person. I have noticed the 235 repaving project goes above and beyond with 5 people standing around but it would take too much paperwork and man hours to get them transferred to the rt4 merge lane project.

MMDad

Lem Putt

According to SHA:

"4/2/2015 New water lines and electrical conduit have been installed. With warmer weather crews can resume fill/grading operations. The focus in April/May will be from MD 235 to Oak Dr. Weather permitting, initial base paving could take place by late May. This will require a lot of hand work because a full-width paving machine cannot fit in the tight space behind barrier wall. "

I've seen people out there maybe four or five times in April and May. If the intent was to provide relief from the backups on 235 they have screwed it up immensely.